Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

by sophiabannister

Original Post

★★★ Novice
I have a 2017 iMac and the sims 4 university won’t work. Do I need to update my computer with this still as well?
Message 21 of 127 (3,094 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@srhymes2215 you can check if you need the update by clicking on the apple icon in the top left and corner and then click "about this mac". If it does not say version 10.11 or OS X El Capitan then you do need to update your computer. Also if you have sims 4 legacy edition you will have to uninstall sims 4 in order to uninstall sims 4 legacy edition. I hope this helps.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886
Message 22 of 127 (3,081 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you!
Message 23 of 127 (3,070 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ItsMxnni Hi thanks for the reply. This is a joke, I have just paid £34.99 for a game I cannot even play. I hope they give me a refund.
Message 24 of 127 (3,069 Views)

★★★ Novice
The version is 10.13.6 maybe I just need to uninstall and reinstall everything
Message 25 of 127 (3,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@srhymes2215 If you have sims 4 legacy then that may be the cause. Sorry if i could not help
Message 26 of 127 (3,047 Views)

★★★ Novice
It’s okay thanks
Message 27 of 127 (3,044 Views)

★★ Novice
@Jaydamartello27 Same here my mom brought it for me for my birthday and now i cant play it cause this stupid change they've done. im so mad. I want my money back cause thats STUPID!
Message 28 of 127 (3,005 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi Guys!! I think i found a solution. It worked for me at least!! Standard smile
If you downloaded the " Legacy Edition "
Make sure when you go to origin application and on to your sims 4 game and you will see a little settings button, click it, and go to "Game Properties".
It will open up and it will have two options "General" and "Advanced Launch Options".
Go to "Advanced Launch Options" and there will be a "When launching this game..." drop box.
Make sure you change the option to "The sims 4 64 Bit" or depending on what kind of system you have it will say your computer's version. Just make sure it is NOT selected as "The sims 4 Legacy Edition " Standard smile make sure you save your selection.
I did that and the game is working for me now. Hope this helps!!!!
Message 29 of 127 (2,985 Views)

★★ Novice

Mines isn't working either, very frustrating! My specs are below:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Please tell me what I need to do.

Message 30 of 127 (2,812 Views)