sims 4 discover university not showing

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 discover university not showing

★★★★★ Apprentice

the university pac do not show in the game on my imac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

2,5 GHz Intel Core i5

Message 1 of 127 (48,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Let me try to answer as many questions as possible!

The Sims 4 does no longer support non-Metal Macs or 32-bit OS PCs. If your computer doesn't meet the new minimum requirements, we made Legacy Edition available to you so you can keep playing your previously purchased games, but Discover University (you can check system requirements here) or any future packs won't be compatible with Legacy Edition. This is not something that will change with future game updates. For more information on this, please read this thread.

In summary: if you need Legacy Edition, you cannot run The Sims 4 Discover University.

How to know if your computer is able to run the current version of The Sims 4 or needs Legacy Edition?

PC:
Is your Windows 32 or 64 bit? If 32-bit, you will need to download Legacy Edition.

1. Right click on The Sims 4 game on Origin > Game Properties
  2. Go to Advanced Launch Options and check 'When launching this game...' dropdown menu.
    • If you have both 64 bit and 32 bit option there, you are in a 64 bit Windows, and you don't need to install The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. Make sure to select 64 bit though, otherwise you will be asked to download Legacy Edition as that's the version that can run in 32 bit.
    • If you don't get the option to choose 64 bit, it means your OS is 32 bit and you will need to download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition to keep playing your game.

Mac:

The game now requires Metal - both your Mac (its graphics card) and the macOS version you have installed on your Mac must support Metal for The Sims 4 to run.

First of all, press and hold the Option key while choosing Apple menu (Apple logo, top left) > System Information. Now, with this information in mind:

• If your Mac is from 2011 or older, it doesn't support Metal. Please, install and play the Legacy Edition.
  • If your Mac is from 2012 or newer, and you are using macOS Mojave (10.14) or Catalina (10.15), then your Mac supports Apple's Metal technology as otherwise you wouldn't have been able to install these versions of macOS. You can continue using the standard The Sims 4.
  • Otherwise, please, check if your Mac is in this list of Macs that support Metal on El Capitan or laterhttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205073.
    • If your Mac is not listed there, you will have to download Legacy Edition to play.
    • If your Mac is listed there and you are using macOS El Capitan (10.11) or newer, you will be able to continue using the standard edition of The Sims 4.
    • If your Mac is listed there and you are using an older version of macOS, you will need to update your Mac to be able to use the standard edition of The Sims 4. If updating your macOS is not an option for you, please, download and play using Legacy Edition.

What if I purchased The Sims 4 Discover University but my computer is not supported?

If you purchased the pack but you can only play The Sims 4 Legacy Edition, please, get in touch with one of our advisers through EA Help: https://help.ea.com.

Also, please, keep in mind that future packs will require a Mac that supports Metal or a 64-bit Windows as well.

View in thread

Message 82 of 127 (45,019 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@kreativeangel93 I’m using a dell laptop.. and I’ve downloaded sims 4 legacy but it’s not working in my game either
Message 2 of 127 (48,145 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Need Help Please

Message 3 of 127 (48,122 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @kreativeangel93 @STRAWbrianna,

Unfortunately, The Sims 4 Discover University is not compatible with The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. Please, check this thread for more information around this.

Depending on your computer specifications, you might be able to update your Operating System and keep using The Sims 4 standard edition and Discover University. If you are not sure, please, share your computer specs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Mai

Message 4 of 127 (48,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai I bought sims 4 university and it is not working, I just updated my sims with the legacy edition..... if its not compatible how do i fix that?
Message 5 of 127 (47,938 Views)

EA app Team

@Kaykay110498 if you don't have another computer that would support The Sims 4 and Discover University, I'd recommend getting in touch with one of our advisers, so they can check if your computer OS can be updated to a version supported by The Sims 4, or look into what options you would have - they'll do their best to help you!: https://help.ea.com

Message 6 of 127 (47,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What do you mean not compatible?? I was force to update game to legacy edition because the normal edition didn’t work and said I had to update then I just spent $49.95 on the University pack only to have to it not work ????? 

Message 7 of 127 (47,695 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You need to make it compatible! Because I know I didn’t waste $40 dollar for a game I can’t play due to a forced update!

Message 8 of 127 (47,652 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is crazy! The minimum required specs only ask for OS 10.11! I am so mad, I want my money back! Why couldn’t this FORCED update wait until Sims 5?! The university pack is the one everyone has been waiting for! I have it installed on my computer but I can’t eve play it!

Message 9 of 127 (47,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well someone needs to fix this!!!! Im so pissed! 

Message 10 of 127 (43,710 Views)