Re: serenade on digital piano issue

by tonichan89

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CGrant56Your posting made me smile Standard smile

I think this bug would be only in my game. I already asked about this issue on Korean Sims community but there was no answer.

Sorry for deleting my story. I just read the guide lines and rules here and not supposed to show my personal information. So I erased my personal things here. Hope you understand.

Message 41 of 59 (1,056 Views)

Hero

@aodoherty  Well, so much for that idea.  Honestly, I don't know what is causing the problem in your game.  And since you reinstalled the game completely, I see no reason for the problem to be there in a completely new game with just the premades.  If it was happening in other people's game too, then it's a bug of some type.  But it's not as far as the rest of us on this thread can determine.  It's certainly not happening in mine.  And why just that one little thing?  I can't find a rational explanation for it.

Sometimes though, things like this do fix themselves.  Maybe when the next patch or pack comes out it will fix itself.  All I can advise is just keep playing the game and wait and see if it does.  I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help you fix it though.  I'll watch to see if anyone else has a similar problem and if they do, and manage to fix theirs, maybe their solution will work for you.  So check in on this thread every now and then.  If I find anything, I'll post it here for you. 

Message 42 of 59 (1,041 Views)

★★ Pro
@CGrant56 Thank you so much. No you did your best for me, so I appreciate your all tests. Even I don't really find what causes this issue only in my game but yea, I believe your words that this issue will be fixed some day with other patch comes in the future.Standard smile Usually, I still play the sims 4, then goes back to the sims 3 again, then back to the sims 4. Also I heard there will be a new mac version of the sims 3 this February. I'm going back to Mac system for testing it. So I can try this issue in Mac system again.:D I really appreciate your big efforts and lots of tests for me. Thanks a million.Standard smile
Message 43 of 59 (1,032 Views)

★★ Pro

2.jpg

I changed my game to Korean language version. The language didn't matter. It's still going on. Anyway, I'm still waiting until other simmers appear have the same issue as mine. Standard smile

Message 44 of 59 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CGrant56 @RandomBuzziness @PugLove888

Hi long time no see. :D Actually I found the reason why all the sims were not able to perform serenade on piano. Since maybe....December last year? Because I was playing the sims 3 before that time for a couple of months, so I don't know what happened during in my saved game, Sept, Oct and Nov last year as I came back the sims 4 in December. Anyway..I noticed one thing is all the sims who married after September last year, they are able to perform the serenade. The sims already set as married couple since long time ago, they are not able to perform the serenade. I brought some screenshots.

7.jpg

I'm sorry for the Korean text version. I've been enjoying my language in game recently. :D

I created a new random sim in the newly created game today and visited BFF neighborhood.

I cheated the relationship with one of this family and leveled her piano skill up to 10.

Now she can perform the serenade.

In this current game, I switched the active household to Bjersen family in Windenburgs.

8.jpg

In this freshly created game, Bjorn cannot perform the serenade on piano. Therefore, my final opinion is the sims who have long term relationship cannot perform the serenade on piano. The sims who started to fall in love with other sims recently are able to serenade on piano. In my game, my sim fell in love with the sage and he can perform the serenade even with CCs on. My other sims who married looong time ago cannot perform the serenade on piano. There are NO First generation sims can perform this in my game. Just 2 sims can perform it and they are both 2nd generation. So I think it's definitely a bug.

Message 45 of 59 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aodoherty

안녕하세요 Sorry, but that's pretty much the extent of my Korean. I seem to slaughter every word I try to say right, but I can at least say hello! 👋

I have tested with a couple in my game, and thought I would share the results of my test. I tested with my piano 10 sim (not cheated) and she had the option and performed it.

s1.jpgs2.jpg

I have uploaded this couple to the gallery for you to test in your game if you would like. I think downloads come with only 50% full relationships, so you will have to have them interact a bit to raise this, but they get along well so this should be easy.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/93518549599011EA8F4C56A050AF8D5F

Edit: If you would be willing to share your household to the gallery and share the link or the exact name of them and your user name there if it's different than here, I could test them in my game. Just let me know here when it's uploaded. Save all of the sims you want tested on this into the same household in your library first so that their relationships are preserved for the upload to the gallery.

We would also be interested in testing your game save, if you're willing to share it. Please see instructions below:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 46 of 59 (861 Views)

Hero

@aodoherty  That is interesting.  I don't know if it is a patch induced problem though since I don't seem to be having any problems with it in my save.  But I did create a new game to test it some more with your latest post.

When I tried in a new game with Bjorn and Clara, they didn't have the option this time.  But I did find a way to get the option to come back but it may be something you don't want to try in your game.  I had to delete their relationship via MCCC and have them meet again.  After having them build their relationship back up, both friendly and romantic and having both of them gain enough piano skill, the option is now there for them.  So you might want to try that to see if it works in your game.

Also, I also suggest you try those things that @SheriGR has recommended as well.

Hope this helps you.

Message 47 of 59 (2,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CGrant56@SheriGR 

Yes I asked other simmer friend on Korean community and she said her family who married in 2018 cannot perform it on piano 10 skill. Also as you said that you also cannot do it with Bjorn and Clara because they were set as a married couple since Get Together was released.That's why other premade sims like Goth, Landgraab and other premade married couple who was born before ROM cannot perform it.  I don't have any problem to perform it with the sims who fell in love after ROM released. Therefore, my point is that most of the sims are set as married couple before ROM released are not able to perform it and this is definitely a bug. Like you said, reset their love relationship using mod and restart will be work well. Standard smile Thanks. I will reset their relationship and start again. It will work too. I didn't think about that idea. Standard smile But I wish it would be fixed if it's possible by Maxis team.

Oh Thanks for saying hello in Korean @SheriGR .I'm happy to see your Korean. Standard smile

You will see that bug if you try it with other premade married couple in your game.

Message 48 of 59 (785 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem as well, though my couple fell in love only recently. They were actually only in Lovebirds stage and hadn't kissed and I thought the option was grayed out cus they hadn't kissed, so I made them kiss - still no. I made them be bf and gf - still no. Now that I've read this thread I'm at a loss. He can't do it on guitar either. The only serenading he can do is in the romantic socializing menu.

Message 49 of 59 (695 Views)

Champion

@tonichan89, do you have any Mods or Custom Content (CC) in your game?Wondering 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 50 of 59 (680 Views)