sentiments gone

by coolchels11

Original Post

sentiments gone

★★★ Newbie

when my sims where getting married they got into an argument and lost their romantic sentiments. this happened over one disagreement and now they have a festering grudge. luckily i think i saved my game before they got married so i’m going to exit without saving to get them back. i just think it’s weird how one argue messed up everything. i could see if this happened multiple times but it did not

Message 1 of 7 (545 Views)

Re: sentiments gone

★ Guide

@coolchels11 wrote:

when my sims where getting married they got into an argument and lost their romantic sentiments. this happened over one disagreement and now they have a festering grudge. luckily i think i saved my game before they got married so i’m going to exit without saving to get them back. i just think it’s weird how one argue messed up everything. i could see if this happened multiple times but it did not

I have a similar situation.  My toddler is angry with his father over something, (probably because his father had the audacity to lecture him about misbehavior after he destroyed the doll house) and now every time his father comes in the room the spoiled kid gets either angry or sad.  I've tried everything to fix this relationship but nothing works.  If it keeps up like this, my family of 1 child and three toddlers (two of which are twins and he is one of those) will be a family of 3 children and he'll be shipped off to Siberia or something.  I mean, the sentiments are a cool idea but way to powerful if one negative encounter can drop the friendship bar from full to just under halfway full in one week!

Message 2 of 7 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@coolchels11 ,

I think sentiments are gained way too easily sometimes and lost too quickly. For instance, if two Sims are deeply in love with each other, that sentiment should never go away, unless they start drifting away from each other because they haven't had any couple interactions for a long time, getting into arguments a lot, or they break up. I also ran into another problem. I moved a Sim out of his immediate family household and created a new household with just him in order for him and his wife to move in together after their wedding. When I did that, all the sentiments between the couple were completely gone. They gained the "Deeply in love" sentiment again after the ceremony, but then it went away again after some time and they were together 90% of the time. It just doesn't make sense to me. Confused

Message 3 of 7 (496 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, the sentiments need some very serious tweaking for sure.  My toddler finally got over the reprimand from his father so they're starting to re-establish themselves.  That sentiment lasted way too long.  I thing that sentiments should have familial affects too.  So that positive sentiments toward family members should naturally last longer than negative ones except in rare cases but that's the problem with sentiments in general.  They're all relative and none are truly replicable by a game since games can't experience and thus replicate the complexities of human emotion and perception.

Message 4 of 7 (477 Views)

★ Guide

I agree @PenguinFoop . No matter how realistic Sims are or end up being, they're still in the computer and they couldn't possibly be like real human beings 100%.

Message 5 of 7 (464 Views)

★ Guide

@000Unavailable wrote:

I agree @PenguinFoop . No matter how realistic Sims are or end up being, they're still in the computer and they couldn't possibly be like real human beings 100%.

Don't get me wrong though.  We all know that TS will never be 100% human simulation and thus there will never be truly accurate sentiments and emotions.  But TS sure gives it one heck of a try!  The game is amazing because of it's wide arrange of emotions and "personalities" which has logically led to sentiments.  However sentiments just need some tweaking.  I don't think we'll ever be a human playing a game about being a human but the journey is none the less fun to go on!

Message 6 of 7 (446 Views)

★ Guide

@PenguinFoop ,

Definitely! If they work on them a little, I too believe that it'll make all the more difference. Thumbs up

Message 7 of 7 (432 Views)