scrabble words missing that are in dictionary

by bleehanson

Original Post

Re: scrabble words missing that are in dictionary

★★★ Newbie

They often reject words that are in sixth edition of Merriam Webster Scrabble dictionary.  Total frustration when opponent challenges a perfect word and pogo agrees with them. What dictionary are they using.  Tired of losing games because of this!!!!

Message 11 of 20 (2,335 Views)

★ Novice

yes they need to loosen up

Message 12 of 20 (2,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Often happens to me words I know which are in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary 6th edition are challenged by my opponent. Pogo say lose your turn it’s not in our dictionary! Tired of losing games because of this!

Message 13 of 20 (2,271 Views)

★★★ Novice

unfortunately words that are valid in the scrabble dictionary checker aren't always valid in the rated games.

Message 14 of 20 (2,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Happens a lot. * (a cigarette or a twig)  and sley are both legit and not on the scrabble approved list. Some foreign word not commonly used are there, while others we use all the time are not like gracias, oui, and I've forgotten so many. Many words that you can legitimately use ed at the end don't allow it while others do. It needs a better dictionary.

Message 15 of 20 (2,015 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Fart does not work for me either. 

Message 16 of 20 (2,012 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It does not even give that sorry that's not a word message to me. It just won't let me play it. Whatever it is.

Message 17 of 20 (2,012 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i did not choose this alias. Why am I showing up this way? I signed in with my usual info.

Message 18 of 20 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also face this kind of problem and for that I always use Scrabble finder tools to be sure that they are allowed in scrabble or not. I also get very frustrated by this kind of weird logic, which I find hard to understand as why many popular words are not on scrabble while many unknown words are allowed in their dictionary.

Message 19 of 20 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had played a lot of scrabble games online but never had this kind of problem but if you are getting this kind of problems you can cross check it on Word Finder  

Message 20 of 20 (953 Views)