Re: scrabble words missing that are in dictionary

by PaulC852

Original Post

scrabble words missing that are in dictionary

★ Novice

I reported that scrabble sometimes does not accept words that are in the dictionary and this has happened to me many times throughout the years. What prompted me to report finally was that the word “identical” would not go through and I always double check in the dictionary. Anyone else experiencing this? Pogo/EA claims they have never been told this.

Message 1 of 20 (8,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've never had the app reject words that are in the dictionary (in the sense that the app says "Sorry, *** is not a valid word in the English dictionary. Please try again."). However, I often have moves that "don't go through" when there is a problem either with my network connection or with EA's connection to their ad-server. If EA can't show you an ad then they often just fail the move (with some sort of network failure message) and you need to retry.

Message 2 of 20 (8,127 Views)

★ Novice
@PaulC852 I tried again and again because I knew it was a word and it wouldn’t accept it. I’ve written down three words since reporting that also failed ~ impartial, equipment & fart. I go back later when a word doesn’t work to try it again. I have good internet connection and patience so I suspect their dictionary needs upgrading.
Message 3 of 20 (8,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just to be clear, the Error Message that you see is "Sorry, FART is not a valid word in the English dictionary. Please try again.". Is that correct?

If so then it seems like your copy of the app is corrupted; you could try reinstalling it. FART works fine for me (using CSW19 dictionary - I guess it may not be in some of the other restricted dictionaries necessary for Americans of a sensitive disposition).

Message 4 of 20 (8,103 Views)

★ Novice
@PaulC852 no I do not get an error message on these words.
Message 5 of 20 (8,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes... it I very frustrating playing scrabble ranked and using word according to POGO "NOT" in their dictionary but are official scrabble words.  I would like to know who gave POGO the right to change  official scrabble words to their dictionary and where did thy get the non-office scrabble words?  Thank you.

Message 6 of 20 (7,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where do you locate the POGO scrabble dictionary words?

Message 7 of 20 (7,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can check if words are valid/legal using this Scrabble Dictionary checker.

When you visit the page, you'll see a search bar where you can enter the Scrabble word to check its validity.

This has helped me avoid a lot of debates recently! Hope it helps you as well. Cheers!

Message 8 of 20 (7,697 Views)

★★ Novice

No bar in the rated games

Message 9 of 20 (7,534 Views)

★ Novice
@Chicagotrish65 I contacted Hasbro to ask that very same question. They replied that POGO and any other company that Hasbro allows to use their games can make changes as they see fit.
Message 10 of 20 (7,339 Views)