roommates sims 4

by dkutay25

Original Post

roommates sims 4

★★ Novice

my sim has a boyfriend that has a toddler and i wanted her to ask him to be her roommate but i also want the toddler to come but i dont know how to ask the toddler… also the boyfriend says that he has people who depend on him, what do i do?

Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Re: roommates sims 4

@dkutay25  To my knowledge, toddlers can't be roommates.  So unless you place the toddler in a different household, the boyfriend won't be available as a roommate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: roommates sims 4

Champion

@dkutay25 Hi!  Unfortunately, the boyfriend is a member of an existing household.  Only single, "homeless" sims can be asked to become roommates.  Even if you manually move the toddler into another household, the game may still view the boyfriend as being part of a "family".  I recently tried evicting a 3-member household to ask them to become roommates and got the "I have people who depend on me" message.  These were young adult sims, no toddlers.  Even when I separated the household, I still got the "depend on me" message.  In order to make the roommate option work, I had to recreate the sims individually so they did not have a home.  Since toddlers can't be placed in a household on their own, you won't be able to do that.  Which is what @puzzlezaddict was saying.  If you want the boyfriend and his toddler in the household, you'll have to move them in as part of the active household; meaning you will have to control those sims instead of having independent "roommates".

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)