roommates only making sweets

by goldann25

Original Post

roommates only making sweets

★★ Apprentice

roommates are only making cookies and cake to eat. this is making them fzt.

Message 1 of 7 (1,806 Views)

Re: roommates only making sweets

★★★ Novice

I have had this with one of my roommates, the one with the glutton trait. She would make 2-3 cakes a day and leave the apartment for a few hours in the morning and would come back with another full cake or a gourmet dish but 4/5 times it would be a cake. I found it to be humorous. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,769 Views)

Champion

@amygamie@goldann25 I have had this also, at least in some of the cases.  I've played several different Save Games and one of them (in one of the dorms) didn't have this problem (equal amount of real food and sweets) , another dorm only made sweets, another dorm started out with regular food and then switched to only sweets, and finally in one of the hosues that is considered University Housing, my Sim's roommates only bring sweets.  

Here is how I got around being overweight .  If you have the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack then you can set up the ice-cream maker without using cheats at the Student Commons.  (Larry's Lagoon, or Darby's Den). And if your cooking skill is high enough you can make the "Taste of Diet" ice-cream and eat a serving or 2 depending on how much weight you need to loose.  You don't need to use the Freebuild cheat in the Student Commons and all purchases in Build/Buy are free ! 
You can also use the Freebuild cheat in the dorms or student housing if you don't want to travel to the Student Commons, but the items will cost your Sim money.

Also, if you have enough Aspriation Reward points, you can go in the Rewards Store panel and purchase a weight loss potion (I forget the name) .  Just beware that it will make your Sim really skinny! Shocked

You can also exercise but this is really hard to do without a gym on campus .  You can use the Freebuild cheats and put a gym in the dorm, but exercising requires a lot of time to loose weight. 

Also, it isn't just sweets that pack on the pounds; dishes like lobster thermidor are very fattening!  And that is one dish that dormmates love to bring to share! Raised eyebrow

Here is Carl's Sims 4 Guide explaining how the food , exercise, and weight gain/loss works in the game.https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (1,757 Views)

Champion

@goldann25 I've noticed this with one of the roomies that I have in my sim household (it'a a family in Newcrest). They have had 5 different roomies all totaled, and only one of them does this. At least some times she make a diet cake! Standard smile If EA ever wants to test this I can give you the link to the sim in the gallery. She's a great roomie, though, she just loves to bake! I do counter the effects, though, by making the diet ice cream that @PugLove888 mentioned occasionally. Wink

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 7 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR I had this problem, except both of my roomies would bake cakes and one of them would literally leave for 4 minutes and come back with more cookies and hamburger cakes. I eventually started throwing them away and got like 20 simoleons each from the nanocan trash can—basically a part time job to keep them from getting ridiculously plump, since they never want to work out with me. *rolls eyes. Anyways I finally made some diet ice cream and gave it to my roommate Brittani as a gift, which she apparently hates because we lost relationship points—well the few that we had because she’s a snob lol. How are you going to be a thick cake and cookie eating snob on the spirit squad? Regardless she eats my ice cream, stands up and literally she’s thin and loves it because she’s like oh yea, you aren’t the only skinny heffa walking around here, then goes to sleep like she didn’t just hate me for the diet gift. *Rolls both eyes simultaneously, and they’re actually stuck now. So yeah, I think I’ll try a softer approach with Annette though, I think she’s depressed. She’s the one that bakes white cakes 3 times a day and takes depression naps. She started drinking a lot more when I threw the cakes away so I’m just going to have a girls night and guess who’s bringing the ice cream... *Calls them to the meal. I’m literally the best roomie ever.
Message 5 of 7 (1,578 Views)

Champion

@DGeorge33G You are an awesome roomie!! 👍I was literally laughing until my cheeks hurt over your comments!😂🤣 I love the way you put it! Well, if the cakes are not eaten you could also try dragging them to the sell button in build/buy mode to see if you get more money for them. Anyway, thanks for the giggles. I love it!! 😂🤣

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 7 (1,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DGeorge33G, I am a huge fan of the ice cream maker, especially the Taste of Diet ice cream Thanks for your funny story! Large smileHeart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (1,564 Views)