Re: restaurant lot requirements

by crinrict

Original Post

restaurant lot requirements

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I would like to ask help on solving the lot requirements issue. I've never really encountered any issues placing restaurants until now. Every requirement that the restaurant lot used to require is now zero, (as shown in the picture attached). How am I supposed to get the restaurant to function properly if there's no waiter station or chef station? And I also can assure you that this is not a mod issue, as I have disabled both cc and script mods.

Message 1 of 12 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jazzy92211 I would recommend trying the following method of removing the Mods/CC, as it forces the game to replace the Mod folder with a fresh folder, plus you will remove all cache that may be left in the game. This way we will be able to more thoroughly eliminate the possibility of your Mods/CC causing the issue. 

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and see if the issue is present.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 12 (1,184 Views)

@Jazzy92211

Moved your thread to the general discussion forum Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 12 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR the error code's still there Frown I've done everything you said. and I realize that this started when I first updated to ���1.61.15.1020.
Message 4 of 12 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jazzy92211 

Please try the following:

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this "The Sims 4" folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new 'The Sims 4' folder will be created by the game.
  • Exit your game and Origin. 
  • Now re-add a copy of the 'options.ini', 'screenshots' folder, 'saves' folder, and 'tray' folder from the "The Sims 4" folder on your desktop into your new "The Sims 4" folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop "The Sims 4" folder. 

If this eliminates the issue you can re-add your mods/cc (from the old "The Sims 4" folder on the desktop) one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch.

Message 5 of 12 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR it didn't help as well. the lot requirement's still 0
Message 6 of 12 (1,048 Views)

Champion

@Jazzy92211 Is this happening on all restaurants or just this one? Is the issue there in a new game save - with your Mods & CC still out and the localthumbnailcache.package file deleted after removal of them?

Message 7 of 12 (1,046 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR yes, all restaurants. even those that have no mods or CCs in it. and yes, the issue is still there, even with a new game, without both mods or CCs and localthumbnailcache.package
Message 8 of 12 (1,005 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Jazzy92211 Could you send me one of your affected saves ? Even if it's in all of them, I'd like to check it on my game.

Just upload to google or onedrive and PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,000 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict sent the link. thank you once again. I hope you'll finally be able to help me solve this! Standard smile
Message 10 of 12 (984 Views)