Re: removing expansion

by ro5e142

Original Post

removing expansion

★★★ Newbie

Hello there! So i have tried getting ahold of EA and that didnt help much. I need to get rid of expansions due to lack of space and the fact that i dont like some of the for example strangerville. I have gotten rid of the download when i installed the game but when i reboot my computer it wants to install it again. If anyone knows of a way please help. 

Message 1 of 3 (311 Views)

@ro5e142  You can disable automatic game updates in Origin; with this setting enabled, Origin will always try to download any missing packs.  Open Origin, hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first header), disable the option at the top.

Origin will still try to redownload your packs from time to time, usually when Sims 4 updates or you clear Origin's cache or reinstall it.  This happens after you load the game to the Main Menu.  So just watch for that—alt-tab back to Origin, and cancel any downloads.

The more permanent fix is to have EA customer support remove the packs from your account.  You'll need to convince support that you really mean it and you're not going to change your mind (and won't be upset to have to pay for the packs again), and it should be doable.  Support is on limited hours right now though, so you may need to wait until after 9 am GMT to get through.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For the game and stuff packs you simply don't like, you may prefer to disable them rather than having them removed.  They don't take up much storage space at all, especially not compared to an expansion.  Here's how to prevent Origin from loading a pack:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

alright ill give it a shot thankyou

Message 3 of 3 (294 Views)