"joke about old times" with friends, not acquaintances.

by unseenlarks

Original Post

"joke about old times" with friends, not acquaintances.

★★ Expert

hi all. i just remembered to write about this: my active Sim has had the option to "joke about old times" with others she doesn't know well at all--their friendship bar is barely in the green. i think it would make sense for this interaction to be used between Sims who are already friends. thanks. =)

Message 1 of 5 (694 Views)

Re: "joke about old times" with friends, not acquaintances.

Champion (Retired)
Well I can still tell a joke about old times with someone I just met in RL. I don't have to be particularly friendly with them but it can be a good conversation starter especially if we are both of sufficient age to remember said old times.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hm. then it's a matter of interpretation! i've always understood "joke about old times" to mean "joke about the early days of the friendship".

Message 3 of 5 (663 Views)

Champion (Retired)
There is a friendly interaction similar to this "Banter with old Friend" or similar that do require a higher level of friendship.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (652 Views)

★★ Expert
yes! you're right. it's a good idea to compare them both--thank you, i had not thought of that.
both are interactions that wouldn't work between acquaintances, simply because they haven't known each other long enough. just my two cents. Wink
Message 5 of 5 (646 Views)