Re: "This Location is Invalid" after update??

by Vingedheart

Original Post

"This Location is Invalid" after update??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

(Photo included)

I had previously been able to place the tall skinny pine tree in a corner. After adding a second floor, I was moving the upstairs room around and put the pine tree in storage. When I tried placing it back in its previous position, the game is now telling me that the location is invalid. The tree does not intersect with anything. There are no conflicting objects. It just won’t allow them be placed in a corner - or touching a wall. I’m extremely frustrated by this as its previous position was perfect, and if I place it in the position the game will allow, it screws up my entire design. I’ve tried quitting the game, restarting my phone etc. 

I noticed there were some changes to the build mode (objects get highlighted in yellow now) and was wondering if they changed other things internally to make it even worse than before.

It may sound minor but I’m extremely pissed and seriously considering calling it quits on this game for this. The build mode is so limiting and it took a LOT of time, headache and effort to design my home in a nice way despite all the limitations. Finally had it perfect and now the game does this. It’s probably better to just purchase Sims4 rather than tear my hair out trying to work with this crappy system. Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Items no longer being allowed in their previous positions?

Message 1 of 4 (717 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ChristineXe Nah - I am not bothering with a second floor after I saw it at a party - it is so bugged you can hardly play. I am right now watching Sims 4 videos - I already have the game, and I'd rather pay for some really worth-it expansion packs (which might only buy you a bedroom set in the mobile game; the prices are INSANE in my opinion and not worth it!) and have fun playing my game and not have to worry about constantly paying for everything to be able to have fun. But it's like that with all those small mobile games - they advertise it as FREE and then once you start playing you realize you can't really play much without putting down money constantly. So I am just about ready to call it quits.
Message 2 of 4 (647 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Vingedheart Girl I might just join you! Haha. Honestly you’re absolutely right. The only thing this game has going for it is for the multiplayer feature - visiting homes, chats and parties. It’s nice being able to see others homes and show yours as well without having to create a youtube channel. Everything else is subpar to the computer game, and you can’t even enjoy it because it costs so much time & money to get anywhere. When I think of how excited everyone got over 45 degree rotation and the 2nd floor - meanwhile sims 4 has full 360 rotation and basements, balconies etc,  I’m like...what are we all doing?? Especially those who’ve spent hundreds of dollars which would cover the base game + every single stuff & expansion pack

I’ve achieved my quarantine goal of making a nice house lol so I think I’ll just dial back to being a super casual player. Hoping the future Sims 5 will include a multiplayer feature, then there’ll be no reason to log in anymore

Message 3 of 4 (621 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
@ChristineXe Yup. I can only agree with you - it was the social part of the game that attracted me - but the rest is a headache!
Message 4 of 4 (586 Views)