"The Family Portrait" Freebie

by PerPanicz

Original Post

"The Family Portrait" Freebie

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

about two months ago The Sims Mobile promotion has launched, in which you could unlock a new item - The Family Portrait for The Sims 4 and a few items for The Sims Mobile. I had a break from playing back then, so I wasn't able to unlock it. Along with May 24th patch I decided to get back to the game and put my hands on a new item. Unfortunately, the icon that was supposed to be in the main menu (along with the other released free packs) was missing.
That's not all. The icon dissapeared even for those who already unlocked the item (proof).
Could anyone tell me if this was a temporary offer or something? I haven't seen any statement with such an information, so I'm kind of disappointed, because the
Grim's Ghoulish Guitar is still available for nearly two years, while this particular item was taken down within a month.

I've tried to contact EA Support, but the Game Assistant told me to ask here.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (5,775 Views)

Re: "The Family Portrait" Freebie

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @PerPanicz,

The Family Portrait promotion was shut off some weeks ago, that's why you don't see the icon in the main menu.

Players who redeemed the Family Portrait while the promotion was available won't see the icon in the main menu either anymore, but they will keep the portrait.

Hope this clarifies the situation. I would recommend keeping an eye on The Sims 4 website, or social channels so you are up to date with the latest news and promotions! Standard smile
Cheers,
-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (5,723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's a bummer! Do you you know by any chance if this item will be available again in the future? I'm so angry with myself, because I knew about this promotion way before it has ended, but I was quite busy back then and I didn't think it would be a time-limited offer. Nonetheless, I'm grateful for your answer!

Message 3 of 6 (5,703 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @PerPanicz,

We currently have no plans to bring back the Family Portrait but that does not rule out its return in the future.

Sorry for the wait for an answer!
-Mai
Message 4 of 6 (5,644 Views)

★★★ Novice

"but that does not rule out its return in the future"

Is it ruled out yet? Console player here. Would love to get the family portrait. No access to mods obviously, so I really hope it'll be back someday😄🙏

Message 5 of 6 (841 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is quite a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you have further feedback on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll take a look Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (832 Views)