"Negative Traits"

by wahini2024

Original Post

"Negative Traits"

★ Guide

I'm not sure if this is somewhat preference or not but my negative trait sims are less negative than generic traits or even the happier traits

Curious if this is in anyone else's game play or experience

My erratic sims are often the best at parenting and relationships.  Sure they have extra friends but they get the most sentiments towards them such as adoring, deeply connected,  in love,  etc.  No sims dislike my erratic sims.  Only one is occasionally mean but her husband then unpromts  a woohoo after she insults him (oddly) 

The self absorbed sims are also the friendliest and have more successful interactions

Materialistic poses no issues, no sim minds the bragging

Mean sims aren't terribly mean and again make wonderful relationships quickly

Gloomy sims, all of them have been exceedingly good at family interactions with children especially. 

However

Geeks, genius,  cheerful are always kinds getting these irritation moodlets.  Cheered to death.  They never leave the computer or chess table.  They bore sims in conversation

Is anyone finding the negative traits to be more desirable or is my game ... strange? 

I will say snob and hot head are a bit negative but not even evil has been an issue ... though discussing world peace bores my sims 

Why are my happy good sims so boring and irritating to all other sims yet my erratic sims are adorable and close from happy memories 

So weird! 

Message 1 of 3 (939 Views)

Re: "Negative Traits"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@wahini2024

I agree. There are practically no downsides to the game. Everything is so bright and cheerful 100% of the time.

How can you have good story telling without conflict?

The "Scared" debuff is a good start. I LOVE how you can get scared, scream at another sim and get THEM scared. That's AWESOME. But we need a WHOLE LOT more. Like one bad for every positive buff. And make existing ones stronger.

Message 2 of 3 (891 Views)

Re: "Negative Traits"

★ Guide

@Psychotps 

It would make for much better story telling if the negative traits acted as such.  I mean... to some degree my positive traits at least bore sims or create tedious conversations or more often "cheered to death" but none of them mind the bragging, self absorbed, insulting jeers or naked showers in the rain. Okay they might gasp at the last one

My favorite is using the sim ray to freeze my neighbors in San Myshuno when they bang at my door about the noise... they don't care for that at all. 

Message 3 of 3 (869 Views)