"Juicy Gossip" about infants, toddlers, and children?

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

"Juicy Gossip" about infants, toddlers, and children?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I don't know if this is "a bug" or an oversight, but I really don't like it! 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Whenever extended family calls.
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Realm of Magic, Island Living, Romantic Garden Stuff, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Have a member of your Sim's extended family call and answer the phone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The conversation closes with "[Caller] has spread some juicy gossip about [random family member]!"  Sometimes Random Family Member is an infant or toddler or child, which is inappropriate and mean-spirited.  Sometimes people are even gossiping about the child to the child's parent, for the extra ick factor! 

What do you expect to see? I'd honestly prefer no gossip, but can we at least leave kids out of it?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I think this came with Parenthood.

I would honestly love to turn off gossip altogether, but at the very least leaving the grossly underaged out of "juicy gossip" would be a welcome change. I also think that in some cases (gossip about spouse or child) the person called should get an angry buff instead of a playful buff.

In the mean time, I guess my Sims need to...refuse to pick up, alas. Frown

Message 1 of 4 (1,413 Views)

Re: "Juicy Gossip" about infants, toddlers, and children?

★★★★ Apprentice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I have noticed this as well, just with the base game. I didn't really think much of it (I tend to not even read the gossip type notifications) but honestly I agree that if someone starts gossiping to you about someone you have a relationship with you should get an angry, embarrassed, or other bad moodlet as opposed to playful. In response to the gossip about infants, children, and toddlers - adults should not be able to "juicy" gossip about them at all (but by all means they can talk (or friendly gossip?) about them - "I heard so-and-so got a good grade in math recently!" or "I heard so-and-so is now a part of ___ social group."). Just a thought.

Good post, I'd like to hear others opinions, and if the Sims team is willing to fix the issue.
Message 2 of 4 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I don't consider "Little [name] got an A in Grade School!" or "Little [name] can now use the potty all by herself!" gossip, and it certainly wouldn't provoke a playful mood and isn't "hilarious," which is what the mood text says.  I don't know, maybe I'm a spoilsport, but can my adult Sims just not laugh at little kids behind their backs?  It feels cruel. 

Also, what could possibly be "juicy" about gossip about an infant?

Message 3 of 4 (1,247 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I ignore calls from family members, as I know it's going to be "juicy gossip" about somebody they have a strong bond with and I find it appalling.  So I don't take the call and the sim will be safe from so called juicy gossip and the other will never know!  I really don't like the moodlet "The gossip in this family is hilarious!"  I know there's no juicy gossip because I've been with "gossiped about sim" most of the day!  I've been clearing up his spoiled coffee all day.  That's as exciting as it gets!  He wouldn't help his kid with its homework.  Swine!  But not juicy gossip IMO.  All my sims have good traits.  Good people don't spread gossip.

Message 4 of 4 (1,083 Views)