Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: "Hire Butler" option missing from phone menu

by SheriGR

Original Post

Highlighted

"Hire Butler" option missing from phone menu

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought the sims 4 vintage glamour pack. The option to "hire a Butler" when I call for services isn't there. I can hire a Nanny... but not a butler. **Edit: I have no mods or custom content. I do have other stuff packs / expansion packs though.

Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@hamiltb1 Thank you for the screenshot. Please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). Please then check do see if the issue remains.

SheriGR ☕ –  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future
Message 2 of 4 (111 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thanks for trying - especially as I'd never done that before. But it didn't work! The Butler is still not on the menu of services.

Message 3 of 4 (72 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hamiltb1 Thank you for trying the repair. Can you next try the following please:

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this "The Sims 4" folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new 'The Sims 4' folder will be created by the game.
  • Please create a new game save in this freshly created game and see if the butler option is in the new game save. If it is...
  • Exit your game and Origin.
  • Now re-add a copy of the 'options.ini', 'screenshots' folder, 'saves' folder, and 'tray' folder from the "The Sims 4" folder on your desktop into your new "The Sims 4" folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop "The Sims 4" folder. 

Now see if your issue remains. Please let me know the results. thanks!

SheriGR ☕ –  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future
Message 4 of 4 (59 Views)
Twitter Stream