"Hire Butler" option missing from phone menu

by hamiltb1

Original Post

"Hire Butler" option missing from phone menu

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought the sims 4 vintage glamour pack. The option to "hire a Butler" when I call for services isn't there. I can hire a Nanny... but not a butler. **Edit: I have no mods or custom content. I do have other stuff packs / expansion packs though.

Message 1 of 6 (3,374 Views)

Re: "Hire Butler" option missing from phone menu

Champion

@hamiltb1 Thank you for the screenshot. Please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). Please then check do see if the issue remains.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (3,342 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for trying - especially as I'd never done that before. But it didn't work! The Butler is still not on the menu of services.

Message 3 of 6 (3,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hamiltb1 Thank you for trying the repair. Can you next try the following please:

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this "The Sims 4" folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new 'The Sims 4' folder will be created by the game.
  • Please create a new game save in this freshly created game and see if the butler option is in the new game save. If it is...
  • Exit your game and Origin.
  • Now re-add a copy of the 'options.ini', 'screenshots' folder, 'saves' folder, and 'tray' folder from the "The Sims 4" folder on your desktop into your new "The Sims 4" folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop "The Sims 4" folder. 

Now see if your issue remains. Please let me know the results. thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (3,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@SheriGR ive tried the repair and ive tried creating a fresh game by removing the old sims folder yet i still don’t see the Butler option. I can see and use all the other stuff the pack came with yet no butler option 

Message 5 of 6 (2,383 Views)

Champion

@Ahmadtooo1011 Are you looking for the 'hire a butler' option in the phone area where you hire a maid or gardener: Phone > Home(image) > Hire a Service? Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 12.46.53 PM.png

This is a weird question, but I've had methods of work-around play where this is a thing... are you trying while your Sim is on their home lot and is it a 'residential' lot type? If you are not finding the option, and a game repair didn't help, do you have Mods/CC? If you do there is a chance one of them is interfering with the option working properly. You could test for this as follows:

Spoiler
Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue, then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.

Message 6 of 6 (2,351 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help