Re: "Furnished" option not available when moving households

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Furnished" option not available when moving households

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm trying to move my generations sims into a new lot but whenever I do so the game always tells me that "Furnished option is not available for this lot".

I have tried moving sims in via 3 ways, one via manage worlds, one via phone > move households and one via CAS directly but they all gave me the same issue. My sims have more than enough simoleans to afford the furnished build and I really dont understand why its not working. Even with the cheat "freerealestate on" it still doesnt work.

I know I can simply save the lot and re-place it after my sims moved in(to the bulldozed lot) but still, would like to get this issue fixed since its the direct way of moving sims into fully furnished homes...

edit: I have also sought for solutions but the most "recent" solution I could find was from like 5 years ago and the game is totally different from 5 years ago so... 

Message 1 of 6 (17,696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@traquine   Have you been using MCCC and allowed it move NPC households?  If you have, that might be the problem as there was an issue where when the game moved and merged households using the MCCC population options, the house that was left empty would do that.  When you went into the house in build, all the furniture was there but the game wasn't seeing it.  

One thing that usually works in lots that were affected by this was to just add something or replace something.  The try to move a sim in and you should get the furnished option.  DP has fixed this but it doesn't fix the lots that were already afflicted with the problem.  That has to be done manually, lot by lot.  One thing I have noticed after having a sim living in those lots is that the entire value does come back eventually.  

Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (17,677 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@traquine   Have you been using MCCC and allowed it move NPC households?  If you have, that might be the problem as there was an issue where when the game moved and merged households using the MCCC population options, the house that was left empty would do that.  When you went into the house in build, all the furniture was there but the game wasn't seeing it.  

One thing that usually works in lots that were affected by this was to just add something or replace something.  The try to move a sim in and you should get the furnished option.  DP has fixed this but it doesn't fix the lots that were already afflicted with the problem.  That has to be done manually, lot by lot.  One thing I have noticed after having a sim living in those lots is that the entire value does come back eventually.  

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 6 (17,678 Views)

★ Apprentice

hello, this is a late reply but yes your solution worked! thank you so much.

Message 3 of 6 (17,637 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is why i had to turn off Neighbourhood stories, it was moving out perfectly happy families sims into the homeless world then making houses unmovable, sure you can fix them, but it's time consuming and not every simmer has all the time in world because of a bug that they refuse to fix. 

Message 4 of 6 (13,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Citysim9997

You can also disable the option for allowing households to move in or out, instead of turning off neighborhood stories altogether. I disabled that setting so they all stay in the house they've been assigned to.

20221121112611_1.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (13,586 Views)

Hero
This is basically a known issue which has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Can-t-move-into-furnished-homes-as-value-is-0/td-p/5743... for Sims dying. Please use this one.

@Citysim9997 Could you make a fresh thread in bugs for the neighborhood stories move-outs causing this issue as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (13,453 Views)