"Adopt as care dependant" option appear in same household sims

by 99publicidentity

Original Post

"Adopt as care dependant" option appear in same household sims

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new household; 2 YA, 1 teen, several Child sims as an example. Place them on a lot and play. When you're controlling YA, click a teen or child.
What happens when the bug occurs? "Adopt as dependant"(IIRC) option appear; implying this adult sim didn't take care of his|her son|daughter.
What do you expect to see? That option should not appear if [both adult(YA/A) and teen/child is in same household] and [there are already mother|father--daughter|son relationship exist]. "Adopt as dependant" option should only appear when the adult sim(currently playing) and target child|teen sim is NOT in same household NOR both don't have any "family" relationship. If you show this option to the same household members, this is a "child neglect"; social service must come to this house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 5 (39,173 Views)

Re: "Adopt as care dependant" option appear in same household sims

★★ Guide

YA ---> Child have:

- Good Friend

- Sister (or Brother)

relationship, and "Adopt as care dependant" option is available when you're controlling YA and click the child.

If you click it and click a child again, there's an option named "Remove from care dependant(IIRC)". Clicking it will remove "Dependant" relationship.

Oh wait, this YA just neglect this child. Someone call social service!

Message 2 of 5 (39,167 Views)

Hero

Parents are automatically caregivers. Everyone else needs to be made one.

I'm not sure I 100%  understand you issue. 

Do you get the option on the parents of the children or just other members of the household ? If it's the later, this as well would be feedback and not a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (39,149 Views)

★★ Guide

Then this is a feedback; would you move this to feedback section?

> Everyone else needs to be made one.

Well, if both parents are dead or gone, then YA/A sim who have a family relationship with younger sim could become a caregiver *automatically*.

Message 4 of 5 (39,140 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I think it should stay the way it is. So we have a choice on who we want to become caregivers.
Message 5 of 5 (38,284 Views)