problem cooking in the sims 4

by gpellow98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

problem cooking in the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

whenever i try to cook anything i get the cant walk there notification and i drop the food on the ground. i did all the troubleshooting i was told to when i did a live chat and it didnt work so they directed me here.

Message 1 of 7 (2,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: problem cooking in the sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@gpellow98 Sorry for your frustration. Can you please provide a screenshot of the kitchen with the stove showing, plus a screenshot of the overall kitchen layout? Also, do you have Mods or CC? If it is not caused by other issues we can troubleshoot that, if you have them. First, here are some common causes of this:

• Make sure the MOO cheat is not enabled when placing or moving your cabinets or items in the kitchen for troubleshooting.
  • Blockage of the stove. To test this move the stove in the middle of the room or an adjacent room where there is no barrier and have your sim cook. This will help check if there could be cabinets or other objects that are impeding the use of the stove in its current position. 
  • Check that there is at least one entirely clear countertop. Make sure it isn't an end countertop as they normally don't like prepping food there. Sometimes sims are also are fussy about prepping on certain breakfast bar countertops, depending on how they're placed, if they include stools, etc. I've also had times they were fussy about using a corner countertop, but not normally if it's got nothing on it.

Anyway, please check for these issues and provide the screenshot(s) of the area and kitchen setup. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,372 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i would really like to play this game and its nearly impossible without the ability to cook without my sim dropping it instead. i was told this is the only way to contact someone in support who can help me and i haven't got a response in 15 hours.  

Message 2 of 7 (2,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@gpellow98 Sorry for your frustration. Can you please provide a screenshot of the kitchen with the stove showing, plus a screenshot of the overall kitchen layout? Also, do you have Mods or CC? If it is not caused by other issues we can troubleshoot that, if you have them. First, here are some common causes of this:

• Make sure the MOO cheat is not enabled when placing or moving your cabinets or items in the kitchen for troubleshooting.
  • Blockage of the stove. To test this move the stove in the middle of the room or an adjacent room where there is no barrier and have your sim cook. This will help check if there could be cabinets or other objects that are impeding the use of the stove in its current position. 
  • Check that there is at least one entirely clear countertop. Make sure it isn't an end countertop as they normally don't like prepping food there. Sometimes sims are also are fussy about prepping on certain breakfast bar countertops, depending on how they're placed, if they include stools, etc. I've also had times they were fussy about using a corner countertop, but not normally if it's got nothing on it.

Anyway, please check for these issues and provide the screenshot(s) of the area and kitchen setup. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (2,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

looks like my countertops were too cluttered, that seemed to have fixed it. thank you so much!

Message 4 of 7 (2,344 Views)

Champion

@gpellow98 You're very welcome! It happens all the time. Standard smile Happy simming! 

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

Message 5 of 7 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@gpellow98 Make sure that you have one counter next to the stove that has no decorations on it or on top of it I had this issue and it’s basically that they need a counter to place the food or ingredients to make the food
Message 6 of 7 (2,244 Views)

Champion

@LolaMar512  Watching the clutter on countertops - and appliances - is always key. Excellent point. I do, however, frequently add a few clutter items, particularly on a corner counter, but it's important to make sure they're limited in number and pushed to the back, then test with the sim in live mode whether they can still prepare food on that counter. Thanks for pointing that out! 💡👍

Message 7 of 7 (2,233 Views)