Re: plants research (base game update)

by PugLove888

Original Post

plants research (base game update)

★★★ Newbie

something that gives me a lot  of struggle especially when I'm trying to unlock all of the plants in the game, have a plant collection, or just trying to get research to splice plants. if I drag my mouse onto a plant I've grown it'll say the quality, the type of plant but it doesn't tell me if its already been researched by my sim. i know in your phone it says all the plants I've researched but if your collecting A LOT of plants like what I'm currently doing, there's at least a lot of scrolling down in your gardening list on the phone. and its hard to remember all the plants you didn't research. not asking for a huge update but i do remember the sims had an update on the plants with the quality bar. a small feature that they changed. and it would be a very helpful but very SMALL feature change to the game. it would help gardening sims know what plants they researched and focus on the ones they haven't yet. I have some small ideas for what the sims 4 can do for this feature which would be easy and not require them to go into to much effort to help a small part of the gardening sims. 

ideas: 

1. when you move your mouse onto a plant the information will come up and in a left over white space it will say "researched" and the none researched plants would just be the same as they currently are. 

2. the researched sign on the plant could be visible to all household members OR only able to be seen by a sim with a specific gardening skill. 

3. if the specific gardening skill is a thing it might have the skill unlocked pop up say " Jordan is now able to detect which plants he has researched on the plant display" 

ps. I'm not sure where exactly this feedback should be placed into so I'm sorry if this is the wrong placement for it.. 

Message 1 of 2 (629 Views)

Re: plants research (base game update)

Champion

@mjchole , this is the perfect place for your suggestion! (It isn't a bug in the game, and it isn't a technical issue.  It is a gameplay issue that is a suggestion so you are in the right place!) Angel

I agree!    I often have the same problem.  I love to have large gardens in the game, and I am OCD about researching all the plants my Sims have! 😅
So, your suggestion would be a big help for me!  (I don't think this kind of thing is a high priority for them to change, but it sure would help a lot ! ) Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (601 Views)