Re: paranormal

by crinrict

Original Post

paranormal

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Laundry Day Stuff, Snowy Escape, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, Get To Work, Tiny Living, Backyard stuff, Nifty knitting stuff, PARANORMAL Stuff. Ream of Magic, Discover University, Seasons, Kids room stuff, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Island living, vintage glamour stuff, City Living, DineOut.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The séance table in paranormal is not interactable. You cannot click on it, only shift-click with cheats but only with "Reset Object" or "Set as Head" option.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot invest in the gameplay without the séance table,
What do you expect to see? Nothing, I just cannot interact with the Séance table as object
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello Everyone! 

This is my first cry for help, usually all my other issues I end up fixing them... But not this one (Since it's been released recently)

My issue is with the Paranormal Stuff pack, Everything works perfectly fine until I load into my house, set up my séance table  and want to interact with it.

There is not outline that shows up around the table, I can only shift-click on it with cheats. 

No way for me to use the table whatsoever, with or without the glass ball... 

I have tried:

-Reinstalling

-Removing my Mods folder (backed up my saves and tray folder) out of my Sims folder.

-Fixing the game

Usually this sort of stuff doesn't require a whole manual of instructions in order to fix it. I just wanna know if there IS a way to fix it, and if others may have the same issue, please let me know!

Thank you so much Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (1,809 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey there, thanks for the reply!

I have followed the steps you have sent me, backed up my file, did a reset of the sims folder and started the game, yet, no interaction available on the séance table... 

Message 3 of 12 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this same issue! I first placed the haunted house that it has in game, and everything was working fine. But then i moved lots and built my own haunted house with the haunted residential lot type, and now the table doesn’t work. It only gives me the option to “set the table” even though my sim already has the median skill AND has used the table before. Nothings worked to fix it so far, and it’s very frustrating. 

Message 4 of 12 (1,713 Views)

Hero
@belannoit It didn't work on a new save either (for testing) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,710 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I thought this might be caused by not having chairs, so I tried it. The table was still clickable without chairs but the commands were grayed out, with a tooltip saying it needs chairs.

Message 6 of 12 (1,692 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if it is anyone else, but I take back my "me too" because there are two tables in Paranormal that look exactly alike, but one is just a table labeled "table of rage" or something. The real seance table is called "seance table." I had a theory that this might be the case, so I filtered by Paranormal and clicked "show all." And lo and behold, there are two tables that look identical. One works, the other does not.

Message 7 of 12 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! Thank you and everyone else for the replies, It seems to now work!!!

What I did, was just play a new game as a sim already in my gallery (no cc), bought the haunted mansion, and just bought the whole seance set in the build and buy.

Not sure if you guys find that to be of any use, but please let me know!

Message 8 of 12 (1,607 Views)

Hero
@belannoit Going to move this to General Discussion as it looks like a confusion with the table.

Please tag me if there's further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,586 Views)

★★ Guide

Can I buy the paranormal stuff pack without playing with the haunted house stuff. I just want the hairstyle and clothes.

Message 10 of 12 (1,482 Views)