Re: npc

by jessallie

Original Post

npc

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, GTW, ROM, Strangerville, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Dine Out, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Bowling, Movie Hangout, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visiting a NPC. Dating an NPC. At festivals, at stores, etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC's with bags on their heads, playing with clay, future cubes, and tablets even though disabled.
What do you expect to see? None of my NPC's doing this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Everything was absolutely working perfectly (even with mods) until I purchased Eco lifestyle.

I recently purchased Eco Lifestyle during the sale and I've had nothing but problems with NPC's outside of Evergreen Harbor ever since.  Windenberg, Oasis Springs, etc are randomly showing up with bags on their heads, playing with clay, future cubes and tablets.  I've tried disabling both NAP options in the game options and no effect. I've tried placing community boards and shift clicking to override the NAP but even though they are wearing bags it's not in the list and whatever I do nothing changes.  This usually happens when I I visit a sim, go on a date, or being invited somewhere, or when they congregate at festivals, stores, gyms..  In one instance, the entire restaurant was wearing bags.  None of this seems to affect my playing sims only the NPC's and not all of them.  I tried using some Eco lifestyle mods hoping to fix these problems but that had no effect either.  Other than disabling the pack, I don't know what else to do. Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)

Hero
@jessallie Did you check if NAPs are active om those hoods ? If they got activated before you disabled voting they are still active.

You need to play a family that lives in the neighborhood it's happening in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (317 Views)

★ Guide

It's happening randomly in almost every neighborhood and it's only NPC's.  Some of them have 3 NAPS showing in the mailbox when I shift click.  How do I do this?  Do I have to force deactive them in every single mailbox in each neighborhood section?  Is that how you do it?  Or is there another way?  

Message 3 of 6 (303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@jessallie

Turn off NPC voting in the game options menu. Then go into every neighborhood (there are 45 if you have all the packs), find a single house and do the shift-click on the mailbox to force repeal. You only have to do it once in each neighborhood. I think you can skip neighborhoods where there are no residences.

ECO is horribly broken. It's better with a ton of mods, but it's not worth doing the NAP stuff.  Just turn everything off in ECO and consider it a new empty world to play in.

Message 4 of 6 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jessallie I would just do it for the neighborhoods you see it in.

So if you see it happening somewhere, go to a residential lot in that hood and use the cheat to remove it. That will do it for all lots in that neighborhood.

Then if you see it in another, do the same with another residential lot. I wouldn't do it for all at once. Too much work. Just when it bothers you.

I'm moving this to General Discussion & Feedback as it doesn't look like you're affected by a bug. If you have the NAP active, that's what they do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (269 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks all for your replies!

Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)