by NZsimm3r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

non-gardening plants lost their colour

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put non-gardening plants outside but touching your house. Don't know if it's repeatable though
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I load my save, my decorative plants are without colour.
What do you expect to see? I expect the plants to have the same colour as they did when I first placed them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, on the 16th of january 2020

I have a mailbox with flowers that still have colour but they are at the edge of the lot and not touching the house. The plants I have touching the walls and on the patio have become almost grey. They used to be, and are supposed to be, really colourful.

Message 1 of 10 (5,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: non-gardening plants lost their colour

★ Guide

This seems normal to me. All plants from the build catalogue will change according to the Season as well as the plants in the Worlds. The mailbox is an item rather than a plant and I don't think it does ever change colors with the Seasons. If you change the season to summer the plants should also appear brighter etc.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (5,164 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@sinisteraspberry Which neighorhood do you have issues with ? All of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  This was in Windenburg. Haven't tested in other neighborhoods.

Message 3 of 10 (5,226 Views)

Hero
@sinisteraspberry Did some testing in my game and it looks fine even after reloading.

What's your graphics card and what settings do you have your graphics on ?

Which season are you playing, does that matter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,201 Views)

★ Guide

This seems normal to me. All plants from the build catalogue will change according to the Season as well as the plants in the Worlds. The mailbox is an item rather than a plant and I don't think it does ever change colors with the Seasons. If you change the season to summer the plants should also appear brighter etc.

Message 5 of 10 (5,165 Views)

Hero
@sinisteraspberry Does it matter what season your in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,126 Views)

Hero
@sinisteraspberry Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (5,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@NZsimm3r  Ohhh you right lol! It was because of seasons. They get colour again when the seasons change. It's not a bug.

Message 8 of 10 (4,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What season were you in. My plants have all become desaturared, but I am in spring and thought that springtime was normally when they are colourful. 

Message 9 of 10 (3,882 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@evanilla20 sorry i dont remember, but probably autumn or winter.. that sounds like either a different problem or just maybe summer is the most colourful, idk
Message 10 of 10 (3,853 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help