new update unalived half my sim population & what do i get in return? nothing.

by swillify

Original Post

new update unalived half my sim population & what do i get in return? nothing.

★★ Novice

the fact that i just lost so many sims to this bug is really disheartening. the hours i spent cultivating this world to just be ruined by an update, just to be told that if i change my lifespan to 'normal', it'll fix it. if i change it to normal (from long) EVEN MORE SIMS will die. how does that make sense? i just had to delete an entire save that i spent so many hours on because the thought of going in and using cheats to bring my sims back to life and a reasonable age seemed so daunting and time consuming. and quite frankly, INSULTING that i'd have to clean up EA's MESS. what hurts EVEN MORE is the fact that i will get nothing back for the time WASTED. can't get the sims back. can't turn back time. can't UNDO an update. disappointed is an understatement. y'all should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourselves for dropping the ball SO HARD. but money talks, right? 

Message 1 of 17 (711 Views)

Re: new update unalived half my sim population & what do i get in return? no

★ Apprentice
@swillify I also have the problem and to make it worse, when I started a new game, most of the settings won't hold. I go out to the world map and when I go back and play my household, most of the settings have changed.
Message 2 of 17 (651 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Would it be possible to recover a previous save from before your sims died? I often recover saves to undo things I didn't want to happen in the game.

Message 3 of 17 (610 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@swillify 

You can set it to normal and turn off aging until there is an update. Try loading a previous save,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 17 (593 Views)

★ Guide

While I understand the frustration, deleting a save is not the answer (especially if you're not backing up your game regularly).

You can always quit without saving and wait for a fix, then roll back and recover an earlier version of the save in question (there's an option to easily recover earlier saves any time you click on a save in the load menu). You might lose some progress, but at least you won't lose everything you've worked so hard on.

Message 5 of 17 (592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YAS!!! EA fix this!

Message 6 of 17 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Disclaimer: I have not updated yet and will not update until a hotfix is released because I play on long lifespan... even though I REALLY WANT some of the things in the update...

I agree with Slytherclaw72. Roll back to a previous version if you can. Back up your saves. Just copying the folder to a USB drive every night after you finish playing will save you the heartache of losing so much work on a save.

I agree that running around de-aging and resurrecting hundreds of Sims is undoable! but hopefully you have an old version. The game keeps 5 previous versions of your saves by default.

Message 7 of 17 (556 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I had no idea it was related to the update, and kept opening and closing the game, hoping to resolve it on my own. So by that point, the damage was irreversible. 

Message 8 of 17 (525 Views)

★★ Novice

You can see in my post I addressed that changing the life span to normal from long would have killed the sims faster, considering that the sims had lived longer lives… but by the time I realized I could do that, I had entered and exited the game multiple times in my panic and lack of understanding. 

Message 9 of 17 (523 Views)

★★★ Novice
@swillify I mean, you could have chosen not to save the game and waited for the hotfix.
Message 10 of 17 (501 Views)