new to downloading

by Tochita12

Original Post

new to downloading

★★★ Newbie

I haven't played or purchased a Sims game for MANY years but because the sims 4 pets was recently released I've been tempted to play again. I am soooo confused as to how to purchase it though. Back when I used to play I had CDs but is that still a thing? is downloading it the only option? also if I download and get a new computer later will i need to download again? Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)

Re: new to downloading

Champion

Hello, @Tochita12 !  I believe you can still get the Sims 4 on disc (my base game for TS4 was purchased on disc, even though all other packs I've bought digitally though Origin. )  That said, it is my understanding that if you by digitally through Origin, and have to get a new computer, there will be a record of your purchase and you will you will be able to download it on your new computer.  Downloading is very easy since you can purchase expansions from the Main Screen of The Sims4 (how I usually do it) or you can purchase them without your game running directly through Origin.  (If you do by through your games main screen, you will have to close the game and reopen it after the expansion finish loading for them to show up).

To be sure though, I'm tagging @EA_Mai just to make sure I'm not giving you incorrect info! Raised eyebrow

And if you do buy a hard copy instead, just be sure you keep your activation code! Shocked (and don't buy a second hand copy, although Cats & Dogs is so new you probably wouldn't have to worry about that!)  I actually prefer a physical copy, but I've been lazy and ordering it through Origin is so easy. Large smile:eahigh_file:Embarrassed

Best of luck, and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Tochita12 I know it's for sale on CD here in Australia at Various stores, along with the various packs; you could perhaps do a search for your location on where it's for sale via CD Rom. Once installing the game the first time, you don't really need the cd again.. as you log in with Origin whichever computer you use (and install Origin) and it stores all your information for you, with your account.

I bought a hard copy, and just get the packs online. Sometimes the Various Shops will have different specials on as well.. so worth a look.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 3 of 5 (349 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The Sims 4 is available on Disc however Cats & Dogs are digital downloads only.

Visit https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download

to download and install the Origin client.

Once that is done open it and create an account.

Then under Store select Browse Games The Sims The Sims 4

Since you expressed an interest in Cats & Dogs click Deluxe Bundle which includes the Digital Deluxe version of the Sims 4 plus Cats & Dogs. Click buy.

Once you have completed the purchase the download and install will begin this will take some time.

If you later buy a new computer install the Origin client and log-in to your account and you can download it again by clicking it in your Game Library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (342 Views)

EA app Team

You are correct, @PugLove888 Standard smile

Depending on where you live, a disc version of the game might not be available, @Tochita12, but as everyone has explained already, the games you purchase digitally will be in your EA account. It doesn't matter if you change computers - just make sure to remember your EA account details, as you will need to log into your account to download and play the game.

Also, as @PugLove888 already explained, second hand games won't work as codes can only be redeemed in one account - make sure to buy a game that hasn't been used before!

-Mai

Message 5 of 5 (328 Views)