Re: new laptop for sims 4?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

new laptop for sims 4?

★ Novice

HI! so I have been playing sims for years. I have had my MacBook Pro for 8 years and its just now dying on me. the sims game is really slow and is crashing, probably because of all my cc and mods. so I am shopping for a new CHEAP laptop and I know a cheap laptop will just die on me again but I am planing on buying a new Mac soon so I just need something for the next few mouths to a year. I was looking at the Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-3509, 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080), 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home. its on theWalmart site and seems to meet the recommends but I thought I would seem if anyone has info in this laptop or has a better suggestion  Standard smile 

Message 1 of 2 (250 Views)

Re: new laptop for sims 4?

@denee_jay  Not knowing how much Walmart is charging for that laptop, I can't say whether you could do better for your money.  If you let me know how much you're willing to spend though, I can have a look around.

By the way, when you do get a Mac, Sims 4 will run much better on one with a dedicated graphics card, so either a 16" MacBook Pro (or a used 15" MBP) or any iMac aside from the entry-level configuration.  When you're ready to buy it, feel free to ask for more advice either here or on the Mac section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)