Original Post

Accepted Solution

new aspiration not showing up for kids

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? either go to create a sim and create a child or have a child in game, the knitting aspiration doesn't show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've maxed out all the childhood skills on my sim and all aspirations but the knitting aspiration doesn't show at all, she can knit however.
What do you expect to see? I expect children to be able to have the knitting aspiration available in CAS and in playing the sims 4.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed nifty knitting

It seems really odd for children to be able to knit but not have the aspiration show up; I've tried this both with an old household and new household as well as with MCCC and without it installed.

*edited to only have the aspiration info in.

Message 1 of 6 (876 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: new aspiration not showing up for kids

[ Edited ]
Hero

@freakyteen21 Could you then please edit this post to be about the aspiration only ?

Bug forum is one thread per issue and your others should be covered by exiting threads listed in that link above

EDIT: Could you point me towards where this was said ? I can't find it but haven't watch the whole stream. I don't think they're supposed to have the aspiration, just the skill

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (781 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@freakyteen21 DId they say somewhere that the new aspiration should be available for kids ? They usually have different aspirations then adults.

For the rest, please refer to this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict yes they did, in the hr long gameplay video they mentioned kids had that aspiration as well.

Message 3 of 6 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@freakyteen21 Could you then please edit this post to be about the aspiration only ?

Bug forum is one thread per issue and your others should be covered by exiting threads listed in that link above

EDIT: Could you point me towards where this was said ? I can't find it but haven't watch the whole stream. I don't think they're supposed to have the aspiration, just the skill

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I remember watching the stream and it having been said and now it's not there so I don't know what happened. 

Message 5 of 6 (708 Views)

Champion

@freakyteen21, I watched the livestream when it came out and I never heard them say anything about a new aspiration for kids.  Kids only have the 4 base game aspirations. And since knitting gives them motor skill this would be the a good aspiration for kids who want to knit. Standard smile

The only thing the developers mentioned that was new for kids is that kids gain the knitting skill. 

2020-07-31.png

As you can see I have a child selected and her skills panel opened.  The new knitting skill is present and both her knitting and motor skills are equal since she has yet to do any other motor activities. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (671 Views)