Re: my spellcaster has no face

by leetlevamp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my spellcaster has no face

★★ Novice

I opened The Sims 4, I went to CAS. When I click the spellcaster occult, my sim has no face, but the humans, and the mermaids have a face. Plus, I only get nine swatches for skin tones when I choose spellcaster, but all of the skin tones are there for the humans and the mermaids; I do have cc, but I don't think that is the cause, because the cc that I have in the game does not effect the human sims, nor the mermaids, so what is wrong with my spellcasters? Thinking

Message 1 of 14 (51,635 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Cien'z no ea lashes is incompatible with spellcasters. Out of 6,000 cc, that was the sucker. Version 5 is the one you want, it's updated for everybody!

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (51,564 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@starshine3211 It's certainly possible that a Mod or CC could only be affecting a particular type of sim (in your case spellcasters). In order to troubleshoot this issue in your game we should first confirm if it is or is not caused by Mods/CC. This can be done as follows:

Please try the following without skipping any steps, even if you have done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game see if the issue is present.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can use the 50/50 method.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 14 (51,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Cien'z no ea lashes is incompatible with spellcasters. Out of 6,000 cc, that was the sucker. Version 5 is the one you want, it's updated for everybody!

Message 3 of 14 (51,565 Views)

★ Guide

from what ive gathered this is related to cc eye defaults not being compatible with spellcasters anymore after the last patch, the same goes for some custom skintones

Message 4 of 14 (51,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@leetlevampDefinitely check this out if you do use no eyelash cc! Saved me the trouble of going though everything.

Message 5 of 14 (51,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the help. The no-ea lashes file fixed my same problem. version 5 yay.

Message 6 of 14 (50,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!!

i had no clue that was causing the issue !

Message 7 of 14 (50,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you send the link cuz i cant find it

Message 8 of 14 (49,007 Views)

★ Guide

So that was the problem. Thank you!

Message 9 of 14 (47,382 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you please leave a link ? I can't find it.

Message 10 of 14 (45,304 Views)