Re: my sim4 game only has english to choose. How to change to other language ?

by crinrict

Original Post

my sim4 game only has english to choose. How to change to other language ?

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello

My sim4 game only has english (US english) to choose. How can i change into another language ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@kirstey08 Open the settings on the game in the library. Then change the language with advanced startup settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHjK1WJtig
Message 2 of 7 (772 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@x--Fusi--x  Thank you for your reply

I have tried it but my base game only support one language ( US english). Is there any other way for me to change to another language ? 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 7 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@kirstey08 I think Sims 4 offers 18 languages, but not every region has a free choice. I don't know if it is possible to delete the game, then change your region under origin in your desired language and install it in the new language.
There is also this old contribution to it
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/How-do-I-change-the-language-in-the-Sims-4/td-p/343604...
Message 4 of 7 (753 Views)

Hero
@kirstey08 What country are you in ? It's possible that you have a one language only version. UK is an example of a country that only has one langauge.

You can try contacting support if they are willing to change it to a multi-language version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (728 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Was that after Brexit or before?

Message 6 of 7 (701 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't think it's possible. I bought the game many moons ago in UK, and now I'm stuck with US English. Tried EA Support several times, but they always told me to "try the dropdown menu in game properties". I gave up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a bit sad they don't let you change it. There used to be so many languages to choose from during game installation. Now you get one, or a couple more, if you're lucky.

Message 7 of 7 (660 Views)