Re: my sim won't go to work/school!

by PugLove888

Original Post

my sim won't go to work/school!

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I started playing the sims again, this is all new to me, I used to play Sims 2 & 3. Now I have 4. I'm loving the game, I went and bought a bunch of expansions. Anyway, all was going well, then all of a sudden, my teen sim will not leave for school, or work. I click go to school, and nothing happens, I click for work, nothing happens. I've exited and re entered the game, cleared cache, even moved to another house, moved her in and back into her house, and "repaired game" on origin. Nothing is fixing this. Any ideas? I can't just let her not go, she is destined for college soon Confused

Thank you for any and all help!!

Message 1 of 4 (1,062 Views)

Champion

@StacyC83, do you play on a console or on a PC/Mac?  If you play on a PC or Mac, do you happen to use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering  Mods/CC can cause a lot of problems in your game if it isn't maintained properly, especially when EA releases a patch like they did on Wednesday the 8th!Disappointed  If you use CC/Mods, then you will need to find which one is causing the problem and go back to where you got the CC item or Mod and see if the creators have an updated version to work with the updated version of the game.  You have to get rid of the old version and replace it with the new one if there is one. Standard smile

To find which Mod/CC item is the problem, please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

I know that you have already repaired your game in Origin, but it is still best if you do it again after moving your Mods file and deleting the localthumbcache.package file. Wink

If these steps don't work, or if you don't use Mods or CC, then there might be something else wrong, but we need to rule out a Mods/CC conflict first! 
Please update usAngel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I barely have any cc. Just default eyes to look more realistic.  I think the game is fixed now.  She wouldn't go to school again this morning, so I traveled to the park, and sent her to school from there and she finally went. Then went to school normal the next day and to work so hopefully its fixed now.

Thank you for your response! 

Side note: I couldn't help but wonder if her school and work were closed due to quarantine haha! 

Message 3 of 4 (989 Views)

Champion

@StacyC83, I'm so happy your game is working again!    LOL, yes, I could see how our lives right now make everyone think sometimes that our games are reflecting our lives, and I love your creative way of interpreting your game not working properly! Large smile  

Even though you don't have much CC, just keep in mind that you still might have problems in the future.  It is always a good idea to maintain your CC (and Mods for those who have them) to be on the safe side.  Also, if you only use a few CC items, it will make it easier to keep track of what you have , so that you can check with the creator of the CC items to see if any patch that EA releases has made your CC obsolete -- which then you can download the newer version of the CC you had and get rid of the old. Wink
And even if you don't have problems, you can still delete your localthumbcache.package file on a regular basis to help your game better.Standard smile

Thanks for updating us! Angel  Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (956 Views)