my sim children and teens won’t go to school

by skintea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sim children and teens won’t go to school

★★★★★ Novice

so basically my teens and children won’t go school, i’ve reset the game so many times, repaired it and reset sims, also it says they are f students, and this is for EVERY household in my saved game, i also use mods and cc

Message 1 of 4 (14,902 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sim children and teens won’t go to school

[ Edited ]
Champion

@skintea, thank you for telling us you use Mods and CC.Angel  Although it often seems odd, sometimes even If your Mod or CC doesn't' seem to have to do with going to work or school, it can still cause problems. I once met a person whose CC eyelashes caused her Sims not to go to work! Raised eyebrow  While the game allows Mods/CC it was not made around it.  Anytime there is a new patch for the game there is a chance that some Mods/CC will become outdated/broken.Disappointed  You will need to find which Mods or CC items are causing the problems and then go back to where you downloaded them from and see if they have any newer versions that are compatible with the most recent game patch, which was at the end of last month. You will also need to delete your localthumbcache.package to get rid of any corrupted bits that have remained behind! 

Here is how to test to see which Mods or CC items need updating.  Please do all of the following in order! 

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. But if you are on a Mac it will only update the base game. (Do not add back your Mods/CC yet!) 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.(Do not add your mods folder back yet!).

5) Now you can try adding back items to your newly generated empty Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, testing them in batches. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps any time you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, which in your case was around July 24th. 

Once you have deleted all the outdated/broken Mods and CC items, and replaced them with current versions, you can now add your Mods folder back into your game. Standard smile

Edit to add that I found a Bug Report on a similar topic. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class/td-p/9176999 
If this is also your problem, Please click the Me Too button on the first post and add your experience to the end of the thread in order to help EA know more details. 
But it is still a good idea to check for outdated/broken mods/CC!  Even if this isn't the problem this time, it might be the problem the next time! Raised eyebrow

Please update us on your progress! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (14,846 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@skintea, thank you for telling us you use Mods and CC.Angel  Although it often seems odd, sometimes even If your Mod or CC doesn't' seem to have to do with going to work or school, it can still cause problems. I once met a person whose CC eyelashes caused her Sims not to go to work! Raised eyebrow  While the game allows Mods/CC it was not made around it.  Anytime there is a new patch for the game there is a chance that some Mods/CC will become outdated/broken.Disappointed  You will need to find which Mods or CC items are causing the problems and then go back to where you downloaded them from and see if they have any newer versions that are compatible with the most recent game patch, which was at the end of last month. You will also need to delete your localthumbcache.package to get rid of any corrupted bits that have remained behind! 

Here is how to test to see which Mods or CC items need updating.  Please do all of the following in order! 

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. But if you are on a Mac it will only update the base game. (Do not add back your Mods/CC yet!) 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.(Do not add your mods folder back yet!).

5) Now you can try adding back items to your newly generated empty Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, testing them in batches. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps any time you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, which in your case was around July 24th. 

Once you have deleted all the outdated/broken Mods and CC items, and replaced them with current versions, you can now add your Mods folder back into your game. Standard smile

Edit to add that I found a Bug Report on a similar topic. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class/td-p/9176999 
If this is also your problem, Please click the Me Too button on the first post and add your experience to the end of the thread in order to help EA know more details. 
But it is still a good idea to check for outdated/broken mods/CC!  Even if this isn't the problem this time, it might be the problem the next time! Raised eyebrow

Please update us on your progress! Angel

Message 2 of 4 (14,847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 i did everything, and it still says teens and children are F students and they wont go to school, BUT when i removed the mods folder, repaired it, and started it up the teen went to school.
Message 3 of 4 (14,766 Views)

Champion

@skintea, yes that is a perfect example for why we like to troubleshoot for Mods/CC first .Standard smile  Either way we will either rule out that the problem is Mods, or in your case we can find out that it is a outdated or broken mod and then fix it! 

If you have a problem like this again , just follow the steps I listed and especially be sure to delete the localthumbcache.package file!  (Bits of corrupt data can be hiding in there so it is good to delete it if you are having problems.) Wink

I'm glad you child and teen sims can go to school again! 

Message 4 of 4 (14,734 Views)