Re: my drop downs will not work

by Psychotps

Original Post

my drop downs will not work

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, 

So I've noticed a problem with my game. Anytime I have to use a drop down button in the Sims 4 it won't work. An example I have is when I move a family out of a house or into a house the drop down menu button asks if I want to sell furniture or keep the furniture and I click the button for it to drop down but the other option will not show up.

Also if i load into my game I get the Error Code 140:645fba83:228eaf9b and maybe this is related?

I'm also experiencing that when i load into my game and see my family on the side walk to left hand side where you tell the sims to do something won't show the icon to what they are doing, its just blank and white with a circle around it?

Maybe they're all related?

I do use mods and I have done the 50:50 but doesn't seem to be from those. I have updated my mods and deleted the cache files and repaired my game.

I did try my game in full screen and laptop mode and still did this.

I also noticed that while in the gallery any information on the houses wouldn't show up - like bedrooms, bathroom, and lot sizes.

any assistance would be much appreciated! 

Message 1 of 3 (1,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @drowsydreamer  if you could remove all your mods and cc, delete the localthumbcache file, then repair game run your game 'vanilla', ie: no mods nor cc, & see how that goes, as it does sound to me like a mod issue. 

You can also check the Mods Tracker for a list of Broken Mods to make it easier to track down, as you will probably be missing an update of one, so check where you found it.  You can also check my post here on maintaining / fixing your game. 

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 2 of 3 (1,465 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@drowsydreamer Check your UICheats mod. That was one of the things that broke in that mod in the last patch. It's since been updated and working again. Make sure to get the updated version.
Message 3 of 3 (1,435 Views)