Re: my calender keep

by Emja01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my calender keep

★★★ Novice

hey guys, hoping someone can help, I have seasons installed on my computer and when I go to look at the calendar it isn't working properly. I don't have get famous installed but tv season premiere still shows up as a holiday. I also can't see my isms birthdays there not there. Also when I go to make the lottery I cant, there is no activity to buy a ticket when making the holiday and the holidays keep moving around?

anybody know whats going on??????????????????

Message 1 of 9 (656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Emja01 from the screenshot I can see that you use a 7 day season. That means that you will use 28 days in a year. But when you use a long life span for your Sims ageing a Sim can vary form 32 days for a toddler to 94 days for an adult or young adult. This means that adults and young adults will only have a birthday once in the 3 or 4 years. Children will have a birthday once in the two years. 

As soon as you make the life span shorter to normal the frequentie of birthdays will come in range of the seasonal gameplay. Only when you use a short life span your sims will be able to celebrate more birthdays.

As a warning the gameoptions for the seasons state that changing the duration of the season will also alter the position on the calendar and the events that might occur during a season. So please check out these settings. So please keep this in mind when setting the options for Sim life span and seasonal length.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (473 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Emja01 Hello!  You mentioned a few issues here so I'll try to help one at a time. 

The "season premiere" holiday is not related to the Get Famous pack.  So that's normal.

There are a number of reasons birthdays might not be visible.  Do you have aging on?  Do you have aging set for short, normal or long lifespan?  How many days are there per season?  How many days until your sims age up?  In my game, I have aging turned off, so there are no birthdays.  When I turn on aging, my sim has 28 days until age up for normal lifespan and 91 days for long.  With seasons set to 7 days long and right now, so only 25 days are visible.  So at 28 days his birthday should show up when the week / seasons change.  If lifespan were set to long, though, the birthday would not show up for several weeks.  If you've checked those things and you're sure the birthday should be visible, then it could be a but or possibly an issue from mods if you have any installed.

To buy a lottery ticket, after 6am on the day of the lotter, you should see the option when clicking on a computer or in the household tab on the phone.  Again, if you don't see the option in either of those places, it might be a bug or mod issue if you have any.  

Edit: Oops! I forgot to ask what you meant by holidays are moving around.  Do you mean the ones you created are moving to different days?  Or are you seeing game generated ones move?  Can you give some examples please?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 9 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@JonaO703what I mean by the holidays are moving is that I will check the calendar in one morning and it can be in 3 days until winterefst but then I will check it the same day in the afternoon and it will be the next day. its he same with the holidays I make

Message 3 of 9 (608 Views)

Champion

@Emja01 Do you use mods of any kind? Could it be a mod related issue? Some mods can interfere in the time keeping of the game and also affect the calendar. If not could it have anything to do with this bug? Solved: [NEEDS SAVES] Time inconsistencies when Sim travels - Page 2 - Answer HQ (ea.com) most of the other time related issues seem to be solved. 

Could you make one or more screenshot of this event issue? That would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 9 (586 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Trismagistos hey sorry just wondering how do I take a screenshot of what's going on? I'm on a laptop so I can't really take a screen snip.

i probably sound like an idiot sorry : 0
Message 5 of 9 (547 Views)

Champion

@Emja01 on any keyboard, laptop or pc, you can find a key with ptrscr on it. When you have a Windows laptop you  should be able to find it in the top or side rows.

Press the Windows key and Print Screen at the same time to capture the entire screen. Your screen might dim for a moment. If you also have an image editing program (Microsoft Paint will also work). Open a new image and press CTRL + V to paste the screenshot to snip or adjust the screen image you took.

I hope this will work for you.

Let op:

Message 6 of 9 (540 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Trismagistos thanks for the info on how to. some of the issues have resolved themselves but in the current game I'm playing the adult doesn't have a birthday but the two children do and its on the same day as each other even though they were born a month apart
Message 7 of 9 (507 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is the screenshot

Message 8 of 9 (504 Views)

Champion

@Emja01 from the screenshot I can see that you use a 7 day season. That means that you will use 28 days in a year. But when you use a long life span for your Sims ageing a Sim can vary form 32 days for a toddler to 94 days for an adult or young adult. This means that adults and young adults will only have a birthday once in the 3 or 4 years. Children will have a birthday once in the two years. 

As soon as you make the life span shorter to normal the frequentie of birthdays will come in range of the seasonal gameplay. Only when you use a short life span your sims will be able to celebrate more birthdays.

As a warning the gameoptions for the seasons state that changing the duration of the season will also alter the position on the calendar and the events that might occur during a season. So please check out these settings. So please keep this in mind when setting the options for Sim life span and seasonal length.

Have fun playing. 😉

Let op:

Message 9 of 9 (474 Views)