my builds are being flagged as CC when I haven't used any

by Kowallibear

Original Post

my builds are being flagged as CC when I haven't used any

★★ Novice

I noticed this on another Sim 4 build I did, but I assumed it was because I used a DEBUG object in my home. I've never even installed a mod or CC into my game because I like uploading onto the gallery and I don't want my game to crash. 

Today I finished a house and was putting artwork from the gallery into it. I used art from @Sparklili which I have used often in the past and never had a problem with. I was using art from <farmhouse art> <farm art> <country art> and <chalkboard art>. One of these accounts would be where the "CC" is coming from, but even when I delete ALL the art in the house I made, my build is still flagged as having CC!

I like being able to use art from other people because it makes my builds feel more unique and makes the game a lot more fun. Can this problem please be resolved so that I can upload my content and not accidentally download any CC if that's what I did?

Message 1 of 12 (3,923 Views)

Re: my builds are being flagged as CC when I haven't used any

★★★★ Expert
@Kowallibear If it's CC, you didn't get it by downloading something on the gallery. ALL cc is stored in the Mods folder and it's ALL put there by you.

If you download something on the gallery and it has CC, whatever that CC item was will be gone when you use it.

If you have a house and it's getting flagged as custom content, it's one of two things... either you DO have some CC item in the build somewhere (wall texture, sofa, fridge, something...) Or you have created something in-game. Like if you have a painter paint something by reference, like her husband, house or something, you might have a photographer take a picture of something in there house... while those paintings and photographs aren't "CC" you downloaded, it's still technically "custom content" and will flag it as such.

The easiest way to remove CC instead of looking through the thousands of items you may have used in your build... do it like this...

Upload your house to your library. Save and quit the game. Remove your ENTIRE mods folder. Load the game back up and create an entirely new world. Name it "NOCC". Place the lot from your library and any CC you used will be removed when you place it.

Make a change or two and re-upload it back to your library. If it STILL has the "CC" wrench on it, it must be a photo or painting your sim made. Just remove those.

Just remember to put your Mods folder back in before you play your previous world again.
Message 2 of 12 (3,864 Views)

★ Novice
@Kowallibear Hi (and thanks), none of my shared art are CC x , any new noCC paintings shared on the gallery since the recent patch will be marked as CC but I've not done any since
Message 3 of 12 (3,828 Views)

★ Novice

This is a new problem.  I think.   I have built a house using the TOOL mod, and using some Gallery content.  The house is now showing as CC on the Gallery.  I have removed the Mods folder entirely, loaded up a new world and downloaded the house from my Library.  

It still uploads as having CC.  I am not understanding this.  I have been uploading for over a year using the TOOL mod and gallery content with no cc showing.  

the ONLY difference that I can see is that the home was built in Tartosa.  Could this be a problem with this world?   I have also tried downloading the house to Newcrest and the same issue occurs.  

Please can someone help?

Many thanks.

Message 4 of 12 (3,089 Views)

Hero
@Comicforce Have you tried if it happens in other worlds now too ? Maybe they changed this cause technically, if you use tool, the lot is modded afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (3,058 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a lot of mods but I did not use any CC in my build and it still shows up as modded. This repeats for several builds over the course of a few months, had no problems before. I have the Better BuildBuy mod that lets you hide all CC from the catalogue, maybe it's causing the issue? 

Message 6 of 12 (764 Views)

Hero
@absolvo_cat Try loading the from the gallery into a modless game and then reupload and see if it' still flags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (739 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, upon loading in with mods disabled, the same building could be uploaded without the modded flag. I am aware that this is a mod issue, just wanted to see if anyone else connected it to BBB.
Message 8 of 12 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]

@absolvo_cat This isnt a known issue with BBB. Personally, I generally just workaround the game going "oh look your game is modded," though. If I'm planning to upload a no-CC lot to the Gallery, I'll do a "save as," remove the Mods folder, get that lot uploaded, then put my mods back.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 9 of 12 (721 Views)

★★ Novice
@luthienrising Yeah, but I prefer just toggling them off in the settings instead of hauling the mods folder around.
Message 10 of 12 (711 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help