Re: my CC isn't showing up

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my CC isn't showing up

★★★ Novice

I just went on a CC spree for the first time, and I just got the Sims yesterday. I made sure that the CC was in all the right files, but it's still not showing up in the game! I've done some research, but nothing is helping the problem. Can someone please help me?

Message 1 of 4 (215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@1220202023 

Just to be sure here, but did you put the cc in the Mods folder?  It has to be in that folder.  If you have, then great.  If you have used sub folders in the Mods folder, how deep do you have them nested?  You might have to change your resource.cfg file to allow you to go a few more levels deep depending on how you want to organize things.

Since this is the first time you've installed cc, then did you uncompress the files you downloaded.  Files that end in zip, rar, and 7z need to be uncompressed.  The game will not read compressed files.  Almost all cc files end with .package.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (191 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

If I remember correctly, you go to the game settings, choose Gameplay and there you have to tick a box to enable mods.

Also, remember that from now on, after every sims4 update the game will automatically disable mods when you run it for the first time (after said update). You have to manually enable them again.

Message 2 of 4 (210 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Valadenthys They are enabled and I made sure multiple times before.
Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

Hero

@1220202023 

Just to be sure here, but did you put the cc in the Mods folder?  It has to be in that folder.  If you have, then great.  If you have used sub folders in the Mods folder, how deep do you have them nested?  You might have to change your resource.cfg file to allow you to go a few more levels deep depending on how you want to organize things.

Since this is the first time you've installed cc, then did you uncompress the files you downloaded.  Files that end in zip, rar, and 7z need to be uncompressed.  The game will not read compressed files.  Almost all cc files end with .package.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4 (192 Views)