Re: lifestyles not going away

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lifestyles not going away

★★ Novice

So my sim got the workaholic lifestyle and that wasn't something I wanted for him so i made him see a lifestyle coach to get rid of it, but he still gets the buffs for it and it still appears active under the simology panel even though under cheats it doesn't show up under his remove traits/remove lifestyles anymore. so, i thought i'd give him two other lifestyles (he already has people pleaser) since there can only be three active, and the workaholic is STILL active and nothing i do can take it away, nor can i take away any of the other lifestyles i just gave him. even the lifestyle poof away potion won't work, and the cheat to remove lifestyles doesn't work either.

Message 1 of 13 (19,427 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hey! I had the EXACT same issue and here is how i fixed it!

Type testingcheats on

Then, shift click and go to cheat sim info. Click to ADD a lifestyle and add the one that has been afflicting your sim back. Afterwards, repeat the process but this time go to REMOVE lifestyle. Use cheats to remove the lifestyle you just added.

It fixed mine! Hope it works for you too! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 13 (19,015 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@septembervoid98 coudl you please create a report for this at the bug forum ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

It's been reported in here as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SE-More-than-three-active-lifestyles/td-p/9737798 bu it's probably best if it has it's own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (19,375 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same.  And I really don't want to be 'Single and Loving It' anymore. *sigh

Message 3 of 13 (19,272 Views)

★★ Guide

I had the same thing happen. I wanted to get rid of the workaholic lifestyle because it was giving nasty buffs. I used the "lifestyle go poof" potion and although it took it away from the quick look, when you look at all the lifestyles, it's still active and *still* making my poor Sims miserable. He's a judge and so there are days he's home. Even writing opinions and giving rulings on his day off isn't helpi  I think that this is different from the "I've got 4 lifestyles now and the cap isn't working".

@crinrict   This also feels like it's related to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SE-Moodlets-from-inactive-lifestyles/m-p/9760990#M164043 more than the "4th Lifestyle, no cap." (Although they certainly all could be related!)

I'm on a PC but evidently MAC users are having the same problems.

Message 4 of 13 (19,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey! I had the EXACT same issue and here is how i fixed it!

Type testingcheats on

Then, shift click and go to cheat sim info. Click to ADD a lifestyle and add the one that has been afflicting your sim back. Afterwards, repeat the process but this time go to REMOVE lifestyle. Use cheats to remove the lifestyle you just added.

It fixed mine! Hope it works for you too! Standard smile

Message 5 of 13 (19,016 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SulaFreyja This fixed it for me too, thank you!!!!
Message 6 of 13 (18,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SulaFreyja fixed mine, thanks!
Message 7 of 13 (18,740 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem (single and loving it because I spent a month on Batuu) but unfortunately, this cheat didn't work for me!! But thanks for the suggestion Frown

Message 8 of 13 (18,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This worked. THANK YOU!!

Message 9 of 13 (18,146 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much.  This worked! 

Message 10 of 13 (17,722 Views)