Re: lets be honest, SIMS 4 is a failure.

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lets be honest, SIMS 4 is a failure.

★★ Apprentice

Sims 4 has some, nice cool additions, but all in all is a turn for the worst. The neighborhood is a complete joke.  When i first opened the game my jaw dropped for a full minute in disbelief. I and many other players want to see to building on the strong editing, customization, openness and freedom of SIMS 2 and 3.  You RUINED SIM CITY, and I fear for the future of the sims. PROVE US WRONG!

Message 1 of 20 (1,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

to be honest The Sims 3 is the best game in sims series

The Sims 3

+ Open world with large map without loading screen

+ Cars 

+ Thief and Police (sims 4 don't have thief or police XD)

+ Many social option 

+ pets DLC dogs/cats/ horses ( horses are missing in sims 4 pet DLC XD) 

+you can go to work without loading screen

- create sims is not easy

The Sims 4

+ create sims are more Flexibility and ease 

+ sims feel more emotion happy/angry/sad... and sims will do multitask

+ build mode easy to build

- small map with loading screen (not open wold)

- no cars (it useless without large map open wolrd)

- basic game pooring in contents

- heaven world XD (sims 4 don't have Thief and Police)

- many bugs and errors

- pets dlc are missing horses

View in thread

Message 7 of 20 (1,232 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@bobjob113 I completely disagree! I have been playing Sims 2 very shortly but i have all the packs of Sims 3 and 4. So far i love playing with Sims 4 as much s i loved playing with Sims 3. The best part of Sims 4 is their emotional wits and perks. Perhaps it is the emotions you can not handle?
And if you don't like playing with Sims 4 please go on enjoying Sims 3 or 2!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 20 (1,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@TrismagistosOn the contrary, emotions are one of the coolest additions in sims 4. Feeling closed in and constricted is not . And the neighborhoods are a straight up disaster.

Message 3 of 20 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@bobjob113 Lol! You kidding? With just shy of a quarter BILLION players and over $1 billion in sales... It's one of the best selling series in history.

Failure? LOL!
Message 4 of 20 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@bobjob113, I thought TS3 was closer to a failure.  The game was unplayable for many people, and almost unplayable for most others. Devil Some people can play it now with Mods to optimize it and on better computers than what we had when it was the current Sims game, but when it was the reigning Sims game it was a disaster.Frown

I agree with @Trismagistos and @Psychotps!

TS3 was extremely laggy (when it actually worked) , and often either ground to a complete halt or crashed completely and often.Disappointed  When the game ground to a halt, I often had to wait 10 min just for it to advance a few frames and then repeat the whole process. Devil (And this was after taking at least 20 min just to load the game in the first place!).Angry  The Create a Style tool was great, but if you saved a lot of swatches it would take 30 min just to get into Build./Buy Mode or CAS. Disappointed 
And then the open world.... a world that was often empty of Sims!!!  Take your Sim to the park, for example.  After 45 min of trying to get the game to even move, if you managed to get to your destination to meet other Sims, there was nobody there! Teeth bared They were all elsewhere wondering around the world or in their houses.  By the time another Sim managed to be on the same lot as your Sim, your Sim would either be exhausted, starving, or stinky and had to go home (unless it was time for work). I never have that problem in TS4!  Every time I go to a lot, there are already people there, or they arrive within 15 seconds!!! 

What good is an open world if nobody else is at your destination when you get there?!? Raised eyebrow  And no matter how good the ideas were for TS3, it doesn't matter if your game is almost unplayable. Shocked  I'll take a few seconds for a loading screen in TS4 any day over waiting at least 15 min to an hour to get somewhere in TS3! Angel

TS2 is my favorite versionParty hat, followed by TS4 Heart, and then the original The Sims Standard smile.  TS3 is last in my book! Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 20 (1,286 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 I guess I just know when I should upgrade my computer. I have zero performance issues with sims 3. With that being said, its the best in the series.
Message 6 of 20 (1,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

to be honest The Sims 3 is the best game in sims series

The Sims 3

+ Open world with large map without loading screen

+ Cars 

+ Thief and Police (sims 4 don't have thief or police XD)

+ Many social option 

+ pets DLC dogs/cats/ horses ( horses are missing in sims 4 pet DLC XD) 

+you can go to work without loading screen

- create sims is not easy

The Sims 4

+ create sims are more Flexibility and ease 

+ sims feel more emotion happy/angry/sad... and sims will do multitask

+ build mode easy to build

- small map with loading screen (not open wold)

- no cars (it useless without large map open wolrd)

- basic game pooring in contents

- heaven world XD (sims 4 don't have Thief and Police)

- many bugs and errors

- pets dlc are missing horses

Message 7 of 20 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@bobjob113  I can run Sims 3 with no problems either & I do love playing that game. This has nothing to do with Sims 4 being a failure or not. It's entirely possible to love both games.

Message 8 of 20 (1,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@RandomBuzziness that being said sims 4 was a major downgrade overall. Sick of fanboys that dont know what the are talking about. You would probably defend the new sim city too.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 9 of 20 (1,155 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RandomBuzziness True. I love Sims 3 and 4. They're just a lot different. sims 3 is bigger, less loading screens, more lots. Sims 4 has an infinitely better CAS. Not a big fan of the "moods" though. That was new in 4 and took some getting used to. You spend much of your play time trying to get sims in the right "mood" for dates, work, etc.

Sims 3 had custom textures, spiral staircases, pooltables, wasn't a fan at all of the zombies you couldn't turn off... Sims 4's CAS and building tools are much better. Gameplay is smoother also. Likely due to the smaller neighborhoods.

They were all good in their own way. I even miss Sims 1. Got a LOT of use out of that.
Message 10 of 20 (1,117 Views)