items in my retail store are gone when I am not looking

by BudgiesAreBest

Original Post

items in my retail store are gone when I am not looking

★★★★ Novice

So sometimes in my store, I feel like kleptomaniacs might be stealing things. This is fine, because it happens in real life. So it was fine until someone stole a 8,406 simoleon masterpiece my sim made and got away with it. I even noticed someone attempt to steal something but everyone noticed and gasped. I also think someone stole the statue that my sim made. I understand that this should happen sometimes, but maybe it should be toned down a little.

Message 1 of 5 (5,491 Views)

Re: items in my retail store are gone when I am not looking

Champion

@BudgiesAreBest Unless you have mods or cc that are increasing the behavior, I feel your pain and got really annoyed about this issue at one point. I owned a restaurant, and a guy would not leave when it closed and I noticed him steal a picture from the wall. Want to know my solution? I expect you have found, like me, that the same group of people tend to frequent your restaurant or store. If you no longer want to deal with this klepto problem you can try a few things:

Watch the store customers very closely....

• Hover over all customers and keep a list of their names.
  • If you see the stealing happen your detective work will be easier. If you don't see it happen, start hunting down the offenders in the played/unplayed households in your game. 
  • If you find someone who has the klepto trait you can:
    Delete them.
    Move them into their own household and just 'store them' in your library (taking them out of your played/unplayed households, but no need to delete them then. 
    Have your manager go after them with mean actions until the ability to fight comes up and beat the tar out of them (hopefully)? They may leave then. And you could do that if they return?
    Go into their lot and check their possessions/personal inventory for your item(s), confiscate them by creating a room, adding the items to the room, uploading the room to your library, and downloading it to the store lot and having your sim re-possess the item(s) (unfortunately it will cost you to do this).
    You could play the klepto sim and see if you can get them to visit your sim and gift the item(s) to them.
    If you see this happen you can exit the game without saving to go back to when the item was there>
    You can play the klepto sim and 're-trait' them (I have a 'retraiting potion' in my library in the gallery you could download and use, or you can do it by a cheat, I believe)

Anyway, those are a few of the possible ways to approach the kleptos in your store. If it is happening frequently maybe you have a few too many of them currently in your world (since the 'spawned' community sims are created randomly, maybe this dynamic just happened to make more than usual for your current game?) I play a tight ship in my sim households, and play pretty-much nice sims, so I do find that evil and klepto sims are very annoying to me. But... as you said, this also adds some realism if you like this. So maybe just cut back on how many. Have fun with your detective & vigilante work! (Too bad we can't call the police on them, huh? Also, you could make the suggestion to tone it back on this thread, if you like: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (5,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Why can't we just turn off this klepto crap? Seriously,  who would want their stuff stolen. These pieces of crap have pockets so big they steal counters or chairs. Really makes the game not fun when my store is going empty and I can't even stop them when I see them taking it. EA if you really want to be a * why not just let them put the whole building in their pocket while your at it. This is a really stupid add on without a disable option in the game menu. If I was playing on PC I'd just get someone else to fix the game for me but I'm on console so that's not an option. I need the people I pay to fix it.

Message 3 of 5 (4,152 Views)

Champion

@CrypticKam I feel your frustration with kleptos in my store, as I expect came across in my comment above. Since this post is over a year old, there could be other reasons for your issues. Do you own Eco Lifestyle? If you do here are a few of threads that you may want to read through to see if they're possible your issue, and if so enter into those discussions and press 'me too' on any that are your issue:

Please continue any discussion on one of those threads or begin a new one since this is an old thread. Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (4,125 Views)

Community Manager

Locking down discussion to avoid necroposting. Please see links above.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (4,120 Views)