Re: how to stop sims 4 lag

by SheriGR

Original Post

how to stop sims 4 lag

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

sims 4 lag was making me angry. I tried turning the quality preset to high and that helped a lot. I was on ultra. if turning it down does not work, it might be a mod or two. try turning off mods and if it stops lagging, try the 50/50 method, of course, play in a new save with mods on, then turn it off. I do that to not lose my cc in existing worlds. NOTE: if it sounds offensive at any moment, just know it's not supposed to be, I was born English so if you are not very good at English, try translating this to your language via google translate/any other translating service ever made. thanks! edit: it might have lag for like, 2 seconds when transferring in and out of build mode but that happens to me on a daily basis so it's fine

Message 1 of 4 (48,691 Views)

Champion

@FiretheSky I am not quite sure if I'm interpreting your post/desire correctly, but in case you were looking for some things that can be done to help with lag, you can do several things to help it out:

• Play in offline mode
  • Play in windowed mode
  • Don't put your graphics settings up high - keep them more in the medium quality (this is what you already mentioned)
  • Uncheck uncompressed sim textures, post processing effects in 'Game Options'
    [If you're on Mac, you can experiment with unchecking retina (doing this seems to have mixed results)]
  • Make sure your computer and your graphics cards are updated
  • Make sure your game is updated
  • Don't store a lot of items in your library
  • Clear your cache regularly
  • Keep a limited number of game saves in your game
  • Check if your computer's graphics are a bit taxed by the game
  • Run a game repair occasionally
  • Use caution in how much you add to your game, including how many Mods/CC, and make sure they are always up to date and comparable with the game's current version

If you were looking for info on lag, hopefully something in there will help. If not, sorry for piping in and have a nice evening! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (48,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having the same issue - I've tried all methods, clearing cache, loaded files and updating graphics. I tried this method and this was the error message that popped up. Any assistance would be appreciated.

PS C:\Users\SFRM-2023-005> DISM.exe /Online /Ceanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.22621.2792

Image Version: 10.0.22621.2861

Error: 87

The ceanup-image option is unknown.
For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
PS C:\Users\SFRM-2023-005>

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (15,270 Views)

@6wqh1xuo1vcv  You misspelled the command, leaving out an L.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If this doesn't help, please create your own thread in the PC tech forum.  Since this thread is two years old, I'll lock it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (15,168 Views)