Re: how to slow down time on sims 4

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

★ Novice
@stbnchristine How do you reverse that cheat code though?
Message 21 of 35 (5,699 Views)

★ Guide

@Arkvyn @The sims default value is 30. I use 200. You can just set it back to 30. Also remember that cheat codes are often reset when you use a loading screen or close and reopen the game. That is why I was looking for a mod to make a more permanent change. 

Message 22 of 35 (5,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Spills78 Do you have to a certain type of computer because when i click on the computer I have it doesn’t come up with anything to do with time?
Message 23 of 35 (5,440 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you installed MC Command Center? 

If so it will be under those settings (it will show even if your sim buys that crappy little tablet) 

If you're not sure how to mod the Sims 4 there are plenty of vids on YouTube to step you through it. 

You will likely find MC Command center to be indispensable once you try it cause it does all sorts of things that honestly should of been in the game to begin with. All optional of course. 

Good luck and hollar if you need anything. 

Message 24 of 35 (5,401 Views)

★★ Novice
@Spills78 Hi. How do I install mcccmod on my sims please. Sorry am new. Want to slow down time. Is there an easy way? Thanks
Message 25 of 35 (4,940 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @scouts2222 - Since you're new, I just want to be sure that you know that you can use the pause button to create a queue of things you want your sims to do, and also use the arrows or number keys to make the time move faster or slower. (normal speed is 1, fast speed is 2, ultra speed is 3). Apologies if you already knew this. Depending on what you're trying to do, there are many ways to either speed up how fast your sims do some things or have them do two things at once to get things done faster. If you have questions on getting something specific to work faster for you, you could start a new topic and ask for some suggestions. You might get some useful info from this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/how-to-slow-down-time-on-sims-4/m-p/8625236#M2...

If you decide that a mod is the best way to accomplish what you want to do, please be aware that you do have to manage mods. Whenever the game is patched, you'll want to check with the mod creators on whether the mod needs to be updated. If you experience any bugs, you'll need to know how to remove the mod and check in a new game to make sure it's a bug with the game and not with the mods. Mods can add a lot of functionality and fun, just be aware that you are responsible for keeping them current in your game. 

Happy simming!

Message 26 of 35 (4,897 Views)

★★ Novice
@DMDragonCT Hi. Oh no. That’s what I was told to use. So have done. Thanks for your help. Is there any way I can undo this please. Apologies only just have the game
Message 27 of 35 (4,892 Views)

★★ Novice
@Spills78 Hi. How would I install the mc command centre please. Thanks
Message 28 of 35 (4,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@scouts2222 We can't provide links to mod pages here but if you do a search for Sims 4 MCCC you should be able to find the website easily enough. There is a download section with instructions on how to install the mod in your game. Just be warned though that changing the game speed with MC Command has been known to permanently corrupt game saves by making the game clock get out of sync with the in-game calendar. I love MCCC for many things in my game but I would not recommend using it to change your game speed. If the game seems to be going too fast it's like what @BlackjackWidow  already mentioned, the Pause button is your best friend :D Proper mod maintenance is also a must if you choose to use MCCC. This mod needs to be updated after almost every game patch. Using outdated mods can cause many problems in your game and even ruin a save.

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 29 of 35 (4,866 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness Many thanks. Will take a cautious look. Will try the pause effect first. Thanks
Message 30 of 35 (4,857 Views)