Re: how to slow down time on sims 4

by stbnchristine

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@stbnchristine wrote:

Hello, Hey!  I found a new mod!  There is a new mod on MTS (Mod the Sims) called Ultra Time Speed Changer.  Someone has picked up the old mod and made it functional.  They say they are are going to keep it up to date. I'm so happy... 

nope it is not updated unless you happen to have a link to the new update you were talking about. Ya I be happy to but I don't see it.

Message 11 of 35 (9,992 Views)

Champion

@GIBBANATOR, we are not allowed to give direct links to Mods/CC here, so @stbnchristine  will not be able to do that. You can always do a Google search for it. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 35 (9,977 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 wrote:

@GIBBANATOR, we are not allowed to give direct links to Mods/CC here, so @stbnchristine  will not be able to do that. You can always do a Google search for it. 

ya I found it.. but it has not been updated since 2018. and the one pointed out does not work with the new update. You sit in the loading screen to your sims.. it will not load.

Message 13 of 35 (9,964 Views)

Champion

@GIBBANATOR, I'm sorry about that!  Perhaps there is another one. Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 35 (9,956 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Yes I was so happy to find the new one but the last update killed it. I will try to ask the Modder and see if he will update it. If I get an answer I will let you know! I looked deeply and did not find another that worked. 

@GIBBANATOR @PugLove888 

Message 15 of 35 (9,944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm new to the game and in my 60s and don't have any knowledge about playing games. the answer: clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 1000  looks good but could you please tell me what do I do with it?

Message 16 of 35 (9,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DaisyDogo Greetings! The "clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second" is a cheat-code that basically lets you adjusts how time elapses in the game. While this may sound helpful, I would recommend NOT using it if you value the long-term health of your save file. It may cause too many issues. For example work shifts for certain careers can go out-of-sync, there are various glitches from queued actions to general autonomy, and updates in the past have caused it to crash the game entirely or made your file unable to load. Out of all the cheat-codes available in the game, this is the one I'm staying very far away from. There is, after all, a reason why many mods that utilize its function are either broken or abandoned. I somewhat suspect that some may comment that it's fine to use, but in my opinion, the risk far outweighs any benefit.

Message 17 of 35 (9,728 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @DaisyDogo - I understand completely about getting used to the timing in TS4. Before trying cheats or mods, remember that the Pause button is your friend! I pause the game frequently so that I can queue different tasks - you can select about 7 things for your sim to do while the game is paused, then click on the play arrow (NOT the x2 or x3 fast-forward ones, just the regular play time) and they will execute the tasks in the order you chose. 

This has worked very well for me. I'll bet with practice it can help you out in learning the game play and "keeping up" with your sims. If you feel you still want to experiment with cheats, Carl's Guide has a very good Cheats Page that should help. The Carl's Guide site also has several useful sections for new and seasoned players. Hope this helps!

p.s. Your game will go to triple speed on its own in some instances when no one else is in the household, like if your sim is sleeping or went to work. You should still be able to pause or slow down the speed if you want. If your game doesn't keep the speed that you set, please reply back and let us know. Happy Simming!

Message 18 of 35 (9,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DMDragonCT Thank you
Message 19 of 35 (9,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BlackjackWidow Thank you
Message 20 of 35 (9,702 Views)