Re: how to slow down time on sims 4

by Spills78

Original Post

how to slow down time on sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

on sims 4 the time goes really fast and it keeps bugging me cause I want to have more time to do things in a day on sims and to not end up with my sims dying of starvation because they got out of bed really hungry and didn't have time to get breakfast before going to school or work, I have tried Meulas time clock but I couldn't get it for sims 4 and it didn't want to download so if something in the actual game that I can control in settings for time was sorted out or some sort of in game mod pack was made then that would be great thanks.

Message 1 of 35 (131,707 Views)

I totally get what you're saying. I don't know of a mod that would be able to do that. It's mostly getting Sims up in time. I remember having an alarm in The Sims 3, but haven't found one in The Sims 4. That would help a lot I would say. Maybe you can find a mod on that?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 35 (131,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie
clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 1000
Message 3 of 35 (129,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this just crashes my game?

Message 4 of 35 (129,396 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Install Mccc mod.
Go to the computer and you will find an option to slow down the in game time.
It is set by default to 25.
I bumped it to 50 and found that was to slow.
35 for me hits the spot perfectly imo.
Although, along with that option there is also an option to slow needs decay.
I have mine set to 60 percent of default.
You can use one of them or a combination.
Along with absolutely every other thing you could want is on that mod.
Again though...Go to a computer for those particular options, the MC options by clicking your sim won’t have those.
I have to say getting the perfect speed (for me) has made my fun factor go through the roof with this game.
Good luck and need anything further related just ask 🤗
Message 5 of 35 (129,051 Views)

★ Guide

Time Speed Changer was a wonderful mod.  It is currently broken beyond repair and the game will not launch with it.  Basically it did what @Amelia_and_sims cheat code does.  It slows down the game but it did it as a mod on launch and you didn't have to remember to type it in every time.  btw 1000 is real time, as in 1 sim second equals 1 real second and is painful.  The sims default value is 30. I use 200.  

It is annoying to have to use MCCC for this simple task.  MCCC touches way to much of the game for my liking.  But there are two things I did like about it.  Fixing the clock speed and setting the favorite drink.

Does anyone know of a new mod which adjusts the clock speed?

Message 6 of 35 (126,045 Views)

★★★★ Pro

In TS4 it takes DAYS for a sim to die of starvation. On top of that they eat meals at school and work (the hunger bar will get filled if they get hungry at school or work).

Also, maybe I’m misunderstanding, but TS4 have the same speed as all the previous games. In TS1 your sims died if they didn’t eat in a day or so, they didn’t eat at school/work, and they went to school/work EVERY DAY. In TS4 they occasionally pee themselves or faint, but hunger isn’t really a problem, at least it has never been for me. Even if they’re hungry just before school/work, don’t bother giving them breakfast if they still need to sleep a bit more or have to shower or something, they’ll eat at school/work. They also go to the toilet at school/work.

Message 7 of 35 (125,986 Views)

Champion

@SqueamishNerd, yes!  I remember that about TS1! I think they changed it because in real life it takes days or close to a week to die without eating, as long as you drink.  So dying after only one day of not eating was a huge exaggeration! Raised eyebrowLarge smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 35 (125,957 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, Hey!  I found a new mod!  There is a new mod on MTS (Mod the Sims) called Ultra Time Speed Changer.  Someone has picked up the old mod and made it functional.  They say they are are going to keep it up to date. I'm so happy... 

Message 9 of 35 (125,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

MCCC causes errors with you make adjustment to slow day down. Mod the sims have not been updated since 2017 and does not work anymore with the new updates..

Is there no way to do this manually. default is 25. Deaderpool need to update his update he just put out for it still causing errors..

is there any other way?

Message 10 of 35 (124,023 Views)