Re: how to get rid of the ui in create a sim

by ghostaria

Original Post

how to get rid of the ui in create a sim

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! So I have a shader with Reshade and I would love to take screenshots with it, but I don't know how to get rid of the UI in CAS. If I use 'C' it doesn't include the shader, but if I press 'prtscr' (print screen) it captures the shader, but the UI is still there, like, all of the aspirations, the arrows to turn the sim around, the other sims in the household (if any) etc. I can easily hide the columns that have all of the clothes and everything, you just have to click off of that. But I also want to hide the other things. Is there any way to do this? I'm not good enough with Photoshop to just fill everything as 'content aware' so please don't suggest that.

Message 1 of 9 (9,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ghostaria Hello there! I'm trying to clarify exactly what you're looking to do. In your sample screenshots is the top one an example of what you get when you grab a screenshot by pressing 'C', and the bottom what you get when pressing 'prtscr' (print screen)?

Have you tried...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 9 (9,371 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, top is when pressing C and bottom is when pressing prtscr (print screen) I'm on Windows

Message 3 of 9 (9,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ghostaria Thank you for clarifying. It looks like the Snipping Tool offers some options, including a free-form snip. Were you able to find the information at that link I mentioned and try that tool out?

Message 4 of 9 (9,360 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It doesn't help me at all actually. I don't know how to make this any clearer, and I don't intend to be mean. I can just screenshot it with PrintScreen, yes, but I want to be able to USE PrintScreen to get a nice screen shot with none of the arrows, aspirations, other sims, etc. Not even the randomize buttons. I could use C, yes, but it does not show the shader. The shader is the main part because it just makes the game look nicer. I plan to use these screenshots as images for characters in a story I plan to write.

Message 5 of 9 (9,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ghostaria 

Sorry if I'm not understanding this correctly, but it sounds like you need the UI to be showing in order to get the 'Shader' background/detail that you need for the screenshot, but you don't want  to have the UI images in your final screenshot?

Not sure if this will address what you're looking for, but if I checked the following boxes in the 'Screen Capture' settings in you Main Menu > Game Options > Screen Capture then the UI will be included when creating a screenshot by pressing "c":
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.10.58 PM.png

I then found that if I entered CAS with the sim who already had all of the settings I want saved and in place, and I don't click on her so that the additional UI images populate, I can take a screenshot at a distance like this one (or zoom in without clicking her and still not have the additional Ui images - as in teh 2nd image). 

as-is.jpg02-09-20_8:44:55 PM.jpg

Then if I crop this image I am able to come up with this:

cropped.jpg02-09-20_8:44:55 PM.png

Edit:
I was just discussing this with another helper and it appears there may be some specialized methods for taking your screenshots in a manner that will still include the ReShade effects. I cannot include links to some types of websites here on the forum, so it would be best if you were to go to the ReShade website and see what their recommendations are. There also seem to be some tutorials that come up if you type in "Is there a way to get screenshots in CAS that still include the Reshade background".
Thank you @MapleSimmer.

Message 6 of 9 (9,340 Views)

@ghostaria

ReShade is a fantastic tool, as a Mac user it really grates that I can't use it in game as I love taking screenshots. I get what you mean about wanting to hide the UI, like the free camera mode in Live mode right? @SheriGR 's suggestion of cropping a screenshot would definitely work. The other method that a lot of people use is to set up the Sim on their lot in front of a white wall, very easy for cropping and you can tab into the free camera mode. You can use Mods to direct your Sims poses too.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 9 (9,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SheriGR How do you zoom in?
Message 8 of 9 (7,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@T13IGBIRD01 When preparing to take a screenshot you can chose only a particular section of the screen (which will make it 'zoomed in' to that area in the final image). There are details about that in my previous comments on this thread and and on this page (which also has additional information about taking screenshots).

If you're asking about how to zoom in in-game, in CAS and in live or build mode, you can zoom in using the scroll button/function on your mouse. 

Message 9 of 9 (7,060 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help