Re: how i can place my elevator in sims 4?

by MWKaezia

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@Squeakypuddin 

As you can see from my earlier reply there are no real elevators in The Sims 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 18 (3,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Squeakypuddin 

The problem dear human is that we don't quite understand the mechanics of the Elevator. Does it automatically deposit a Sim outside, into another room? Does it go on the upper or lower floor (My guess would be that it goes on the top). In other words darling, we're lost on mechanics, and came her for help. So far, it is not forthcoming. Still, thank you for not ignoring all the questions so far as you have.Standard smile

Message 12 of 18 (3,717 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MWKaezia 

Just like you see in San Myshuno it leads to the lots exit point It does not matter where you place the portal (elevator) on your lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 18 (3,696 Views)

Well the issue is that the elevators are not functioning elevators.  I guess they are just for show. In Sims 3 there were functioning elevators but sadly Sims 4 was not geared toward building like Sims 3 was. We are stuck with regular stairs and ladders. They don’t even have spiral stairs anymore. I had hoped they would resolve by now but nope.  It would be useful to have elevators and spiral stair cases to save space and make the homes more realistic . No one is really going to use a ladder in a home. It’s not practical.  For Please, if the elevators are just for show just say that on the description. People are spending long amounts of time trying to figure it out when the elevators won’t ever work.  

Message 14 of 18 (3,525 Views)

★ Apprentice

You can spiral stairs now. Look for the squared off arrow that looks like a bracket. Not smooth, but you can do it up to three times for a 360° staircase

Message 15 of 18 (3,103 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sweetlilpsycho 

You can build angled stairs but spiral stairs are still not possible.

Message 16 of 18 (3,088 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. And you can angle them 360° and substantially reduce the length of a regular staircase, which is what the last commenter was lamenting. Essentially making a squared off spiral staircase. Does it look exactly the same? No. Does it function as a 2x2 staircase instead of a 1x6? Yes.

I’m sorry but this thread is a dumpster fire of you completely missing the point ad infinitum.

Message 17 of 18 (3,076 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sweetlilpsycho 

The poster asked for spiral staircases like in the Sims 3. Apparently you have not played that since you think that angled stairs are the same. It isn't.

"I’m sorry but this thread is a dumpster fire of you completely missing the point ad infinitum"

What part of my explanations on how the elevator works is it you do not understand.?

Message 18 of 18 (3,054 Views)