Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do i retrieve my previous game on a new device

★★★ Newbie

for the sims 4

Message 1 of 3 (996 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do i retrieve my previous game on a new device

@babiebleu  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

Your user data is stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and to access your old data on a different computer, you'll need to copy that folder, or its contents, from the old computer to the new one.  Saves are in the saves folder, saved builds and households in the Tray folder, mods and custom content in the Mods folder, etc.  Here's a full list:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

The best practice is to move the contents of these subfolders (saves, Tray, Mods) from the old computer to the new one.  You can use a USB stick, upload the files to a cloud storage service, or use a local network.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (953 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

@babiebleu wrote:

for the sims 4

THANK YOU

Message 2 of 3 (976 Views)

@babiebleu  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

Your user data is stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and to access your old data on a different computer, you'll need to copy that folder, or its contents, from the old computer to the new one.  Saves are in the saves folder, saved builds and households in the Tray folder, mods and custom content in the Mods folder, etc.  Here's a full list:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

The best practice is to move the contents of these subfolders (saves, Tray, Mods) from the old computer to the new one.  You can use a USB stick, upload the files to a cloud storage service, or use a local network.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (954 Views)