how do i meet with a style influencer

by YvonneParker

Original Post

how do i meet with a style influencer

★★★ Newbie

I'm currently playing a sim who I've put in the freelance fashion photography career. There's a task that requires my sim to meet with a style influencer, how ever there's no option for her to do so. The instruction in the career bar says to click on the relationship tab and choose the influencer that she wants to meet but there is no influencer (even the one that she has chatted with on the computer) available to complete that action. 

Message 1 of 6 (7,255 Views)

Re: how do i meet with a style influencer

Hero (Retired)

Hi @YvonneParker - I've moved your post to The Sims 4 forum, where you should receive better help. 

Message 2 of 6 (7,228 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@YvonneParker 
I found some information that may be helpful.
Looks like you are talking about the tasks for "Finding the Style" gig.
Quoted from the article:
"Meet with Style Influencer
From the relationship panel select a Style Influencer Sim, then select Meet with Style Influencer. This will start a social event.
Make sure it isn’t night time when starting this because the event will start while the influencer is still sleeping.

Main Goal: Present Style Photographs to Style Influencer.
Talk to the Style Influencer and choose Freelancer, now click the option Show Off Photos. You can do this numerous times to get the right result."
The suggested person to meet is Izzy Fabulous {Get Famous}. Hopefully if you do not own that pack the game will create another Sim to fill the role.
Please let us know if this is helpful.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Reference:
https://sims-online.com/become-freelance-fashion-photographer-sims-4-moschino/

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 6 (7,208 Views)

Hero

@YvonneParker @EuphorialQueen @BlackjackWidow   I ran into this the first time I played that career.  Since I had a playable that was a style influencer, I first invited her over but the task didn't complete.  Later I sent the sim to the style influencer's lot to see her but was unable to complete the task there.  But when I traveled back home, the task completed.  I have never seen any type of social event type clock when completing this task.  It has always taken travel for it to complete.  The other thing I had done before this was I had deleted Izzy from the game along with most of the NPCs that came with GF so I just figured that doing that was the cause of my problem somehow.  I ended up going into a new game and copying them to my library and reintroducing them into my main save.  But that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Message 4 of 6 (7,195 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CGrant56 
Thank you for the helpful feedback. After posting my reply I remembered the Style Influencer career was added via a patch. That should mean the game will generate Sims in that career making it unnecessary to own Get Famous to complete this task.
I like your idea of a playable Style Influencer and that was suggested by another helper as well. As far as an event being triggered that may be outdated information. It appears from your experience that travel may be another key in getting the task to complete.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 6 (7,190 Views)

Hero

@EuphorialQueen  Thanks.  I didn't realize that the career was introduced in a patch.  I didn't try playing one until after GF was installed so it must have been added in the pre-GF patch.  TBH, all of the freelancer careers seem to have things in them that take a bit of trial and error to figure out.  In a couple of them, like the one we've been talking about, the mouseover clue, doesn't really match or explain fully what actually triggers completion of a task or in the case of an aspiration, a milestone.  So you have to keep trying different things until you figure it out.  Frustrating at times.

Message 6 of 6 (7,185 Views)