hous

by RaniaKpop

Original Post

Re: hous

★★★★★ Apprentice

@RaniaKpop No you are not the only one with OCD my friend. Trust me. It bothers me too. Frown  Bothers me also when the order gets messed up in live mode.

I had a family that had progressed to from just my lady sim to her becoming a wife and mom to three children. At one point her eldest daughter was a young adult, the second daughter had been born right after her but was still a teen and then the youngest was a boy who had literally just became a teen. I had created a young adult male in another household for the eldest daughter to marry and when their relationship progressed enough I had her ask him to move in. When he did all of a sudden the youngest boy was now ahead of the middle girl in the line up! Like what?! Drove me crazy because there was a lot that I still needed the eldest girl to accomplish before I wanted her and her husband to become pregnant and move out and I was nervous that it wouldn't change back until I moved the guy back out. And it didn't. Had to deal with it for a while smh

Just do your breathing exercises and try your best not to let it get you down. If you feel panic rising, distract yourself with something else. Do you have a stress ball near your computer? A pleasing or hilarious picture you can look up at? For me, I have a funny sitcom playing on my tablet nearby while I play. If I get frustrated about something not being exactly how I want it to be I will distract myself by listening more closely to the show or even pausing the game and watching the show for a little bit until the feelings subside.

Hope this helps. Happy Simming!!! Standard smile

Message 11 of 15 (395 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually I said I have ocd tendencies not actual ocdvwhat I acutally have is autism. But even if I did have ocd, I don't think any of your suggesstions to calm down would help since I use this game to help myself calm down.

Message 12 of 15 (373 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RaniaKpop wrote:

Actually I said I have ocd tendencies not actual ocd what I actually have is autism. But even if I did have ocd, I don't think any of your suggestions to calm down would help since I use this game to help myself calm down.

Many players including myself use The Sims as an outlet to express themselves or a way to relax and escape from real life pressures.

I sincerely hope you can find a way to still play the game.

- EQ Avid Sims player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 13 of 15 (361 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@RaniaKpop wrote:

Actually I said I have ocd tendencies not actual ocdvwhat I acutally have is autism. But even if I did have ocd, I don't think any of your suggesstions to calm down would help since I use this game to help myself calm down.

Oh ok. I have diagnosed OCD and though I love playing the Sims so much it triggers my OCD a lot.

Message 14 of 15 (354 Views)

Re: Household Problems

★★★ Apprentice

Do you know by any chance if the game developers have been made aware of this problem?

Message 15 of 15 (306 Views)