hous

by RaniaKpop

Original Post

Highlighted

hous

★★★ Apprentice

Okay, this might be a weird one since it's been something I've been able to deal with for awhile but now I'm getting fed up about it. Is there anybody who finds it frustrating that the way their sims 4 household is set up in a certain order in play mode but the set up is either slightly or considerably different in create-a-sim mode?

Let me explain, so in play mode the way the sims are set up in the household shows that from left to right is oldest sim to youngest sim respectively right? Well in cas mode the sims are not in that exact order and it just triggers my OCD to an unhealthy level whenever I'm either creating new households or if my pregnant sims have just given birth. For so long all I had to do is transfer my files into a usb cartridge and reupload back into my computer but every since the new update to the game this has been less and less successful.

If there's anyone who know how to fix this problem, please reply, and if this is the first you are hearing about this problem or are also having it themselves please contact the sims 4 developers about this problem.

Message 1 of 15 (700 Views)

Re: hous

@RaniaKpop  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 General Discussion & Feedback section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 15 (692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tell me truthfully, is this the first you've heard of this problem because it's been happening ever since I got Get Famous or is it just me?

Message 3 of 15 (686 Views)

@RaniaKpop  I don't really play Sims 4, so I have no idea what you're talking about.  (I understand what you're saying, I've just never seen it myself.)  But the frequent posters in this section do play, a lot, and they're the right ones to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 15 (683 Views)

Re: Household problems

★★★ Apprentice

Thank You

Message 5 of 15 (681 Views)

Champion

@RaniaKpop, I have noticed it and it bothers me some, but not nearly as much as it bothers you. Frown  For the most part I can tune it out now, though it was more difficult for me to do that at first.  My only guess is that in Live Mode it usually will display oldest to youngest (though I'm sure I've seen it sometimes mix them up Thinking ), but in CAS it is more likely to display them in the order you created them.  For example, when I got the Parenthood GP I made the parents and made their toddler first before I made the school aged child and the teen. )  

I never tired transferring my files to a USB and reupload it before, so I have no idea about that.Wondering  I'm not on Twitter, but if you are, you can follow some of the Sim Gurus and maybe ask them. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 15 (611 Views)

Re: Household Problems

★★★ Apprentice

Not really, it only became a problem for me after the Get Famous pack, also my problem is that when I create a new sim for an already existing household where that sim is suppose to be the youngest but is not on the farther most right end of the household queue in create-a-sim to indicate that. I forget to mention this but there are times where the sim I just created is in the wrong in playmode.

Message 7 of 15 (581 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RaniaKpop 
Honestly the idea of keeping household members in a particular order was implemented as part of the game design.
I do see your point though in how it would be a good idea to keep the household in eldest to youngest or by order of when they joined the household. Like @PugLove888  I gave up on paying attention to that. I am sure there may be some sort of rhyme or reason and it is by design that the order changes. Unfortunately it is not something that I see as being changed in the near future.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 15 (572 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I must be the only simmer who has ocd tendencies then I suppose.

Message 9 of 15 (550 Views)

Champion

@RaniaKpop, no many Simmers have OCD, including myself. Standard smile  I just don't have it as strongly as you do about this particular thing. Instead, I have to give all Sim that I either make or download socks for all types of shoes that a person would normally wear socks.  I also have to put wedding rings on all my married Sims for every single outfit in every category!  That means I have to turn off the filters for the Athletic and Sleepwear categories, since it filters out all jewelry. Disappointed  And mismatched color swatches in outfits really drive me crazy! Shocked

But I do agree with you and I have noticed it.  I just was finally able to tune it out.  But now I will probably start noticing it again! EmbarrassedLarge smile  It would be nice if they fixed this, but I don't think it would be a priority. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 15 (533 Views)