Re: free build

by mistelluh

Original Post

free build

★ Novice

My game is in a constant state of free build. If I move to another lot, I have an infinite amount of money which doesn’t let me use my regular household funds. I have tried to turn off any cheats that might’ve been enable, but nothing will turn off free build. Please help me. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mistelluh From what I understand Free Build is to allow you to build on any lot - even one that's normally locked in build mode. Please see the Carl's Guide below that lists cheats. The only one that I saw that may be what you're describing is called household.autopay_bills true/false .Did you enable that cheat?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

Do you have any Mods/CC? Do any of your mods have settings for money? You could check those. It's possible a Mod/CC(s) is broken after the recent patch. You could also test without the Mods/CC then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and see if the issue remains.

You can run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Please let us know if any of these things helped. If not we can try other things.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (2,978 Views)

Hero

@mistelluhIf you have enabled free build, the only way it will turn off is by saving and exiting to desktop and restarting from origin.

But what you describe shouldn't be happening even if it is on.  That cheat only lets you build on lots where build is normally locked like the GTW hospital and police station.  It doesn't do anything in live mode that I know of.

So, the obvious question is are you running any mods that you haven't updated since the last patch or installing EL?  And specifically, any that affect the household funds.  One that I can think of is UI Cheats which I use.  That one has been updated.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4 (2,943 Views)

★ Novice
@CGrant56 i actually downloaded a script mod that enabled free build always, but i deleted it and it’s fine now. thank you though
Message 4 of 4 (2,934 Views)